Avis Car Rental

jimmyn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5973 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hired a car from AVIS on the 21/09/06 and forgot to pay the congestion charge fee. I have yesterday, received the £50 fine notice which was issued on the 25/09/06, together with a letter from AVIS informing me they have debited this from my CC plus £17.63 'admin fee'.

I personally think the admin fee is excessive and have called AVIS to tell them so. Does anyone else think this is excessive? I admit I had to pay the Congestion Charge, but am peeved that A- I never had the opportunity to pay the fine myself and B - Avis have charged me nearly £18 for admin.

I have spoken to their customer services and they are unwilling to budge on the this. Is this another company profiteering from admin fees?

Any advice, comments much appreciated

As much as I dislike the charge, it doesn't seem unreasonably excessive, as their staff had to find out who you were, and then process a payment to make restitution for your acknowledged oversight. All hire contracts have tihs covered, stating that any fines or dues not paid by the renter at the time of hire will be billed from the supplied CC. At least you'll remember next time you go there!

• 1 year later...