Motability Car

allinthegame
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4078 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hoping someone may help me with information. I am considering getting a Motobility Car, but also concerned with the fact that DLA may end within the 3 year contract. Does anyone know or has anyone had the experience of this.Do you have to continue paying for the full 3 years,or if you lose benefit do they just take the car back? I thankyou in advance.

Certainly people who lose their entitlement to DLA are given a date on which the vehicle will be collected. I guess the same would happen if, under the changes from DLA to PIP, someone loses their entitlement!!

Feebee_71

The latest I know about this is that, when people lose their entitlement when moving from DLA to PIP, they will have to give the car back, of course, but I hear noises that Mota will hive them 1 month's grace to make other arrangements and sort themselves out. (unconfirmed officially as yet)

Sorry, forgot to say that for people who paid an advance on their car, they are entitled to a pro-rata refund if they lose the car before the lease is up.

Pretty much as said, 30 days grace. But, don't forget, if you have an indefinate award for DLA, then the migration to PIP won't start any earlier than Oct 2015. And you may not be assessed for many years after that date ...

The latest I know about this is that, when people lose their entitlement when moving from DLA to PIP, they will have to give the car back, of course, but I hear noises that Mota will hive them 1 month's grace to make other arrangements and sort themselves out. (unconfirmed officially as yet)

Sorry, forgot to say that for people who paid an advance on their car, they are entitled to a pro-rata refund if they lose the car before the lease is up.

I agree with what you have said here.

I woke early a couple of weeks ago a put on bbc parliment where they were talking about motorbility in the house of lords. I think the general idea is for you to have some time to appeal if you are appealing, otherwise you might end up giving a car up only to have another back and if any alterations have been carried out then this would inncur more costs. They also talked about having some time so you could arrange your own vehicle without the risk of being left high and dry.

Also the choice of being offered a discount to purchase the vehicle if motorbility had been stopped.

Not sure what they will come out with but I guess we will know soon enough but one thing is for sure, many of us recieving the motorbility will soon lose it due to unfair changes. Its a bloody disgrace.

Pretty much as said, 30 days grace. But, don't forget, if you have an indefinate award for DLA, then the migration to PIP won't start any earlier than Oct 2015. And you may not be assessed for many years after that date ...

I wouldn't push it that far. PIP is here and here it will stay no matter who gets into power in 2015. You can't very well have those people re-assessed under PIP from this year onwards then for them to be told after the next election - Stop! all back to square one - DLA will start up again.

Yes it is 30 days, always has been.

I would take the view that unless you are in the early batch for PIP assessment, you should accept that 2015 will be the year that things start to gather momentum with the re-assessment of DLA awardees. At best with a motability leased car taken late last year you should be OK for the full 3 years. from now on the risk is that the 3 year period will start reducing. If you want a motability car I would get it now and with good luck behind you, you should be OK for the full 3 years.

I agree with what you have said here.

I woke early a couple of weeks ago a put on bbc parliment where they were talking about motorbility in the house of lords. I think the general idea is for you to have some time to appeal if you are appealing, otherwise you might end up giving a car up only to have another back and if any alterations have been carried out then this would inncur more costs. They also talked about having some time so you could arrange your own vehicle without the risk of being left high and dry.

Also the choice of being offered a discount to purchase the vehicle if motorbility had been stopped.

Not sure what they will come out with but I guess we will know soon enough but one thing is for sure, many of us recieving the motorbility will soon lose it due to unfair changes. Its a bloody disgrace.

Experience of past Lord's decisions mean nothing to the Commons. Whatever the Lord's would like, if it goes against what Cameron and Clegg want, will normally be over ruled.

Serious consideration should now be given to buy your own instead of getting a motability leased car in order to avoid what is likely to happen post 2015.

I wouldn't push it that far. PIP is here and here it will stay no matter who gets into power in 2015. You can't very well have those people re-assessed under PIP from this year onwards then for them to be told after the next election - Stop! all back to square one - DLA will start up again...

Perhaps you'd care to re-read my post, dogboneday, you'll find that you have completely taken what I said out of context.

Perhaps you'd care to re-read my post, dogboneday, you'll find that you have completely taken what I said out of context.

I reiterated what had been said by you and others. I had the impression that you were suggesting that when 2015 comes about (election year & start of the general re-assessment under PIP) it is likely that things may change with the national roll out - "And you may not be assessed for many years after that date" - in fact within two years of the national roll out, PIP will have replaced DLA for those eligible. Within the next 4.75 years PIP will be complete.

The peak period of reassessment will now start in October 2015. The intention is that by the end of 2017 all eligible DLA

claimants aged 16-64 will have been reassessed for PIP. DLA claimants aged under 16 and over 65 will not be affected.

... I had the impression that you were suggesting that when 2015 comes about (election year & start of the general re-assessment under PIP) it is likely that things may change with the national roll out ...

That impression was your imagination ...

Actually....

DLA isn't going to disappear completely for a few years, you have to have all the kids to reach 16 and all the over 65s to kick the bucket.

With that in mind, cynical ol' me actually thinks that as the omnishambles continues to develop and avalanche, the government may decide to u-turn on the life awards. It would make a good political election thing "see, we have listened to you!" and counter-act the accusations that they are only doing this to save money at the expense of the most vulnerable, would save them a bundle anyway as despite the propaganda, most people who are on indefinite awards are there for a good reason, so assessing them will be a vast waste of money in the main, and also because Motability is the largest leasee in the UK and the loss of the award will mean a massive drop for the car industry.

I don't know, I can't see into the future, but I can't help feeling that the autumn 2015 set time is just that little bit too coincidental... ;)

Experience of past Lord's decisions mean nothing to the Commons. Whatever the Lord's would like, if it goes against what Cameron and Clegg want, will normally be over ruled.

Serious consideration should now be given to buy your own instead of getting a motability leased car in order to avoid what is likely to happen post 2015.

I agree that maybe one should purchase their own car as I have. As far as the lords go I have a very good understanding of the so called political process and was only passing on what I had seen.

Anyway there are countless occasions when the lords has changed laws and bills, even rejecting the will of the other chamber so to say that they have no influence is quite wrong.

Edited by dyfed
spelling

Actually....

DLA isn't going to disappear completely for a few years, you have to have all the kids to reach 16 and all the over 65s to kick the bucket.

With that in mind, cynical ol' me actually thinks that as the omnishambles continues to develop and avalanche, the government may decide to u-turn on the life awards. It would make a good political election thing "see, we have listened to you!" and counter-act the accusations that they are only doing this to save money at the expense of the most vulnerable, would save them a bundle anyway as despite the propaganda, most people who are on indefinite awards are there for a good reason, so assessing them will be a vast waste of money in the main, and also because Motability is the largest leasee in the UK and the loss of the award will mean a massive drop for the car industry.

I don't know, I can't see into the future, but I can't help feeling that the autumn 2015 set time is just that little bit too coincidental... ;)

I agree that DLA will be with us for at least another 13 years based on current thinking. If they did a U turn and allowed some (I presume this is what you mean) that are in the age group 16-64 to also carry on getting DLA instead of PIP it would become unworkable, as everyone would end up appealing to get indefinite/lifetime awards (in a similar way that those that are claiming contribution based ESA so want to get into the Support Group). Where in that thinking are the actions promised to the general public that the government must come hard on down on those that are 'playing the system? The simple answer in all of this is to make the under 16's and over 65's apply for PIP when the national roll out is finished in 2017 which would have good support from the general public as well as to make it a level playing field and cut the cost of running DLA at the same time as PIP.

Unfortunately, the House of Commons has also overturned quite sensible amendments to bills that the Lords have voted for, using very dodgy methods :mad2:

But entirely legal ones! Cameron will not allow the Lord's to play havoc with the Welfare Reform package.

Where in that thinking are the actions promised to the general public that the government must come hard on down on those that are 'playing the system?

The government know very well that this is propaganda, after all, they're the ones feeding the false figures to the media, and even the public at large is going to soon find out that they all know more victims to this cruel set-up than "players", at which point a u-turn would make great political fodder, which is all they're interested in, not keeping up any promises or pledges, as we've all found out!