Any Guidance of what i need to do now please. (Newbie)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4090 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I was hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction of what to do now.

We have 3 non priority debts with Natwest and Barclays which we have been paying £1.00 a month since 2011 as due to an accident i am unable to work and my partner had to give up his job to take care of me. Now my partner has returned into work as i now have carers , but we still cannot afford to pay much more. We have used the budget summary and have found we can manage £5 to each creditor.

I received a payment review letter for 1 of the Natwest Debts (credit Card). Which we have managed to arrange a new agreement of £5. The Same goes with Barclays.

Then i receive a letter from Natwest (overdraft) stating that they have been unable to contact me regarding a repayment review and have now passed it to Wescot Credit Services. I telephoned Natwest and explained that this was the first piece of corresspondance i had received from them and they told me they had sent letters to CAB. I asked if that was the case then why was i not sent a copy also, as this is what they have done previously. Surely if they had no joy from CAB then why not send me a letter of some kind. I told them that i thought that it was very unfair of them to pass this onto Wescot as i have never stopped paying them and asked if we could arrange something. I was told to contact Wescot and that was that.

I have had numerous telephone calls from Wescot with an automated voice on the other end, which i have ignored. Today i received a red letter from Wescot saying they have been instructed by our client Natwest Retail Finance to collect the outstanding balance on their behalf. To avoid further action you must pay the debt in full etc.

I am not sure what i need to do now???

hope this makes sense?

Hi xLTx, and welcome to CAG! :-)

Firstly don't worry about Wescot. They make a lot of noise and send a lot of threatograms, but I've never heard of them doing very much.

Send them a letter stating that you will not speak to them on the telephone and you consider the repeated calls to be harassment and you will report them to the OFT if they don't stop immediately.

Obviously NatWest should have written to you directly before instructing Wescot.

In your letter to Wescot make it clear that you can only afford £5.00 a month due to your circumstances. You absolutely don't have to take orders from them about paying the debt in full. They have no powers; they are not bailiffs.

Ignore any threats of court, etc. Even if they took you to court no judge would make you pay more than you can afford and they know that. You have made a reasonable offer to pay and at the end of the day they have no choice but to accept it.

DD

Hi Daniella,

Thank you for your help. I will write to them today. I am concerned about the oustanding balance as seems to be more than origionally with NatWest. How would i address this with Wescot? Also do i continue to pay Natwest until something is sorted with Wescot or do i start paying Wescot Now?

Many Thanks

xLTx

if this has been sent to westclots when a payment arrangement was in place with natwest then they have to abide by the arangement you had with natwest, they cannot alter this as they have not bought it from them. and still pay natwest not westclots.

and see if you have any charges that you can claim back

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

any PENALTY charges

late/over/letter/dd reject fee/debtmanagement?

got all the statements?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I got mixed up with another account, i do not have statements, what do i do now? Do i write to Natwest even though they have told me i must go through Westcot? Should i start paying the new offer i can afford of £5 to Natwest now. i'm confused!