PCN stopping loading unloading restricted

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I entered in a street where the above restrictions were in force. I was not aware and I did not read the sign. However when I entered the street I saw a car parked on a yellow line on a Sunday, which made me to believe that parking may be allowed. I stopped and put my wares in the boot for safety. Before I decided to park there my wife and i discussed to check if we were really allowed to park. Then I saw a sign and read it through and decided I am not allowed to park. We got into the car and moved from there.

I requested to see the Video footage. The footage starts at 59.14 minutes and stops at 1.51 minutes as soon as I got into the car. The video was cut off. It did not cover my leaving at the time possibly deliberately. I believe that the contravention did not occur as I did not load or unload anything. The video confirms I did ot move away from the car. Additionaly the whole waiting was under three minutes which I beleive is allowed on a yellow line. I did not park deliberately as I had not seen the sign. I only became aware when I came out of the car and read the sign. I wish to appeal. What are my chances. Can you please help. Incidentally the PCN does not mention contravention Code or the exact place. It mentions Station Road Ilford.

Edited by Prakash Kothari

As a driver, you are expected to know what a yellow line means, and if they have footage of you getting out the car and putting things in the boot, then it's hard to argue you weren't in contravention by stopping there.

Can you tell us what stage the PCN is at? What was the last thing you received, and what have you sent in so far?

Thank you for your advice.

I have just seen he footage of the video at the Council Offices today. I have 10 days to appeal or pay the reduced fine of £55.

I agree with your reasoning. However I have contested PCN in the past on the contents which I mentioned on my mail and I succeeded. I am not sure if this is applicable in this case. Please advise

There's nothing in your original post which would mean the council would have to cancel it. The only thing you can hope is that if you explain what happened, they might allow your appeal and give you a discretionary cancel, which is probably what happened last time.

I presume if you appeal, the charge won't increase? If not, then I would appeal - but if the charge will go up, then I would not.