Clydesdale bank preference account fees reclaiming

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4119 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My name is Tony Wilson.

I am currently challenging the way i have been treated by Clydesdale Bank plc.

Over 16 years ago I was offered a principal account by my then manager and at all times since have believed that one of the benefits of a principal account was an overdraft facility of £15,000.00.

Was anyone else ever made the same offer in relation to such an account?

I also thought this was one of the reasons for my continued membership fee being deducted without my authority from my account.

I enjoyed no other benefit of membership so far as I was aware.

For 16 years continuously I enjoyed at least a £15,000.00 overdraft.

Then in January of this year my overdraft was removed based on an experian report which I told the bank at the time was incorrect and experian have since acknowledged to be incorrect.

If anyone can shed some light on the benefits of an old principal account it would be helpful.

I am convinced the bank are not providing me with full disclosure..,only the parts that suit them.

Thank you for your help if you can...

Tony Wilson

Edited by Andyorch
Edited Occupation.

Hi Tony

Welcome to CAG please take your time and have a look around the forum.

Its quiet at present but caggers will be along to asisst

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

bcobs

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

My name is Tony Wilson.

I am currently challenging the way i have been treated by Clydesdale Bank plc.

Over 16 years ago I was offered a principal account by my then manager and at all times since have believed that one of the benefits of a principal account was an overdraft facility of £15,000.00.

Was anyone else ever made the same offer in relation to such an account?

I also thought this was one of the reasons for my continued membership fee being deducted without my authority from my account.

I enjoyed no other benefit of membership so far as I was aware.

For 16 years continuously I enjoyed at least a £15,000.00 overdraft.

Then in January of this year my overdraft was removed based on an experian report which I told the bank at the time was incorrect and experian have since acknowledged to be incorrect.

If anyone can shed some light on the benefits of an old principal account it would be helpful.

I am convinced the bank are not providing me with full disclosure..,only the parts that suit them.

Thank you for your help if you can...

Tony Wilson

"I also thought this was one of the reasons for my continued membership fee being deducted without my authority from my account."

Are you claiming the fee was deducted without authority for 16 years? If so, why did you not act sooner?

If the "without authority" was only since the withdrawal of the overdraft, then surely they had authority and the issue is not the fee, but the lack of overdraft in return for the fee?

Clydesdale Bank took out a trademark on "principal account" in 1998, and currently their "bespoke account" is the "Private Banking" account.

As such it seems wise that you are asking for others to post their experiences : but even if others were also advised the overdraft was a routine benefit of the account, this may not be enough to be "proof" unless they have a copy of the T's & C's or the account's promotional literature.

Have you asked Clydesdale for a copy of the current T's & C's (if you don't have them)?

Which organisation placed the incorrect information with Experian? If you are looking to recover damage(s) you have suffered as a result of that incorrect information : would you not be better pursuing the organisation that provided the incorrect information that caused the loss?

Once the incorrect information at Experian has been corrected : are Clydesdale willing to re-instate the overdraft? If not, are they saying they wish to change the account to a different style of account?

Edited by honeybee13

This situation being caused by an erroneous CRA entry it should be taken up as a formal complaint with the Data Controller of the company that placed the entry.

A notice of dispute should be placed on ALL CRAs files not just Equifax.

Make a Subject Access Request to Clydesdale as well.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: