Debt Passed onto WESCOT even though in Dispute with Santander

sparky_grant
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4009 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Have a debt with Santander which was with IQOR,

sent all correct letters to with ended in IQOR writing back on 14th FEB 2011

saying that they were going to conduct an investigation into the issues raised and they would write back with an outcome of the matter.

that was the last i heard from them, until........

Receive NOTICE OF DEBT COLLECTION from WESCOT on saturday for the same debt (client ref number matches)

Do i have to start the process again? or is there a different letter to send them as account is still in dispute even though its been over 2 years since last correspondence.

Yes, it is frustrating isnt it. .

I suggest you write back to Wescott advising that this account, which is disputed with the Original Creditor, is being passed around like a parlour game and you are getting fed up with it.

You should then send an official complaint to Santander.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Wecome to CAG,

Have Wescott bought this debt? Or are they collecting on behalf of Satans Bank?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Have Wescott advised if they are acting as agents of the bank or have they been assigned it ? To establish ownership, you could send the following:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42137[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]42138[/ATTACH]

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Good so Satans still own the account, what type of account is this??

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

is this on your cra file?

see below

when was your last payment?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

cca wetcloths then.

so you've been defaulted more than 6yrs ago?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, back again. Sent CCA to wescot with £1 postal order. Received a letter back with my CCA letter and postal order stating that "in order for us to provent a breach of the data protection act and aslo continue with your enquiry, it would be most helpful if you could confirm your date of birth and the last address that you resided together with the date vacated."

Do I send the info? Sounds like to me they are fishing or wasting time. Thanks in advance for any help..

NO it is not necessary to do so, the CCA request is lawful as it6 stands, technically it does not even require a signature.

I can draft a challenge to this for you tomorrow if you wish.?

OK.

A letter to the

Compliance Manager

Westcott Credit Services.

Ref: Use theirs.

Sir/Madam,

I am in receipt of your letter dates xx xx xxxx enclosing my 'lawful request for information'' made under section 77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and stating that Westcott require me to supply further data relating to my identity, which I believe to be a deliberate ''delaying tactic'' by Westcott as I have provided adequate information already.

As Westcott CLEARLY believes that It has contacted the right debtor by writing to me demanding payment for an alleged debt the can be no valid reason for non compliance with my CCA request, unless of course Westcott have breached the OFT Guidance 2003/2102 by demanding payment from me when it is not sure that I am the debtor who owes an outstanding debt.

I am returning my request and the postal order for £1.00 herewith and expect Westcott to comply with my request well within the 12+2 working days time scale allowed.

I am prepared to make a formal complain to the OFT and the ICO regarding the conduct of Westcott Credit Services regarding this matter.

Please note THIS LETTER IS NOT AN ADMISSION OF ANY LIABILITY TO WESTCOTT OR ANY COMPANY IT MAY CLAIM TO REPRESENT..

send by recorded deliver and check receipt.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for late reply, first of all, thank you so much for all your help BRIGADIER2JCS. was a bit late sending the letter. Finally got round to sending letter to recieve today this reply:-

COPY AGREEMENT REQUEST

We refer to your recent letter requesting a copy of the credit agreement for the above account, pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act.

We are not the creditor for this account but are instructed on behalf of the above client. In the circumstances, we are returning your postal order which was made payable to Wescot Credit Services as this needs to be payable to Santander UK Plc. Youi can either send your request direct to our client our resend it to us and we will forward it to them.

In the meantime, you will need to make arrangements to pay the account. We shall place the account on hold for 28 days to enable a repayment arrangement.

I have not sent the 14 day letter as I was going to do this today. Is this more time delaying? thanks again for all your help.

silly beggars

wetcloths know only full well they MUST have the agreement

to try and fleece you.

and they