Wherethefukawe tribe in africa

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4027 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Being born in bred in Africa (Zimbabwe) we often heard about the illusive Wherethefukawe tribe.

They're from the Eastern highlands... Well knwon down that way for Nyanga, one of the loveliest village in that region...

I call them illusive as they're very very hard to spot.. Why? They're actually a bunch of midgets! (I kid you not!).....

What the history behind the tribe you ask ?

Well, being a small, and ancient tribe (small in more ways than one), in the African planes with 6 foot long grass, they have an issue...

Being the size they are, they are known as the 'jumping tribe'.. Because to see over the grass, they need to jump to see momentarily where they are...

hence the name 'Wherethefukawe' :D

Among other places I lived in Mutare from 1973 to 1974 I know the area very well and frequent a number of places in Inyanga especially the Troutbeck Inn. Even played golf on their course after a session.

OMG my mums first hubby was in BSAP :) Laury Charwick? (dunno if you know the name?... My own father served in the RLI as a Sgt in the 2 Brigade Signals... he was a radio tech :)

I followed on the military career by opening a company and making various comms equipment for the local forces :)

I know Ft Vic :) Despite being born in 79, I was constantly reminded of the 'old' names of towns etc... as my folks were old fashioned Rhodies :D

Are you sure he was in the BSAP as I cannot find the name on the nominal roll. Perhaps incorrect spelling? I can find a Lawrence Michael who joined on 30/01/1973 and left on 29/01/1976 at own request. I used to frequent the Sgts and WO's mess at King George barracks so either my father or myself may have met your father at one time. Is your father still around? By 1979 I was working in South Africa.

• 2 weeks later...

anyway the wherethefukawe's ues to hunt the oooommagoolie bird it had a 200 hundred foot wing span weighed in at four tons and had two in legs and then it landed it's cray was....oooomagoolies ooohmagoolies

anyway the wherethefukawe's ues to hunt the oooommagoolie bird it had a 200 hundred foot wing span weighed in at four tons and had two in legs and then it landed it's cray was....oooomagoolies ooohmagoolies

Are we off to see the Wild West Show with the kangaroos.........? :wink:

• 1 month later...

Omg, I remember my Dear Dad telling me this joke when I was a kid, but he called them the "wherethehellarewe" tribe :lol:

Thanks for bringing that memory back to me :-)

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.