style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3736 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I use to have a royalmail account for posting items as I had a shop on ebay,

i would send 500 items a month but 30 of them items would go missing and I would have to send replacement items out again.

I have disputed the bill with royalmail but all they keep on saying is i need to pay the bill before they can issuse any refunds.

I have refused to pay my bill of £2100 I sent all my items recorded the ones that have gone missing are still showing as in transit, I have proof of posting of the none deliverd items.

the cost of all the items I have lost the double costs of postage add up to more than what royalmail are asking me to pay where do I stand if they attempt to take me to a civil court.

Thanks

You would need to issue a counter claim against them for the value of the items not delivered.

Whether you would succeed in such a claim would depend on what their investigation into your complaint showed but,

I would think (and I'm not an expert in any way), you would still have to pay your bill to them because you've entered into a contract and not fulfille your side of it.

Feebee_71

2 options.

Pay the full amount but put in writing paid under protest, stating that you have a dispute, giving the reasons for this.

Pay the relevant amount due, after having deducted the amount of the refunds due and put it in writing how you have calculated the amount, providing details of the undelivered items.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 1 year later...

hi,

I need some advise please, a while ago I posted this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?384184-Royalmail-trying-to-take-me-to-court&p=4160465#post4160465

today at approximately 07:30 a bailiff knocked on my door demanding payment

or he was going to break into my house seized my goods and take my cars.

the bailiff then continued to threaten me with police,

he then walked in through my front door

he then decided to go straight to the bedroom where my 3 month old premature baby Is

I told him to get out of there as there is a baby in there,

his response was "so I don't care" with my girlfriend saying your not taking anything

and my self telling him to get out the house,

as he walked past me he nudged me in my side just at the front door.

this has been reported to the police and I have made a statement.

my landlords across the way came over wondering what all the fuss was about

and after some explain to them they offered to pay the sum of £4600

the bailiff was wearing a body camera so this would of caught what he was doing in the way of assaulting me.

my question is now

as my landlords have now paid the debt

does that now mean I have no means of taking it back through the courts in order to get my money back

as the sum in which the debt was is completely wrong.

thank you for any help

The debt is about a business account where royal mail failed to deliver parcels that I posted with them then I disputed the invoices as I had been put out of business by royal mail due to all the lost items totalling to over £3000 in which I had to fold my business.

it was a forum 55 notice of seizure from the bailiffs

which was issued from a district registry in Croydon

Did you counterclaim the CCJ as advised previously?

I submitted a counter claim with my defence I paid the £80 fee, then I moved address I telephone the court to advise them I had moved but I never received any correspondence until the bailiff turns up today.

It sounds very much as if your Creditor was awarded Judgment by Default. You are going to have to contact the Court to find out. Did you not think to chase things up?

with moving house and having a baby this never even crossed my mind

with moving house and having a baby this never even crossed my mind

Was it a County court bailiff or High Court Enforcement Officer, when you search for "forum 55 notice of seizure" keeps coming up with HCEO !

Apologies if I got it wrong.

Edited by ims21

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Was it a County court bailiff or High Court Enforcement Officer, when you search for "forum 55 notice of seizure" keeps coming up with HCEO !

he was a HCEO he also left his sheriffs number if that counts

Edited by ims21

the debt has now been paid by my landlord, do I now need to issue a money claim against royal mail in order to get my money back as it has been a number of months they had issued the warrent

Did the money that was paid cover all the HCEO costs?

You are probably going to have to submit a N244 against the original CCJ for a Counterclaim. You say you paid previously but never heard anything - how did you pay your £80, if by cheque did you look to see if it was cashed? As said previously you need more details about this from the Court.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You are probably going to have to submit a N244 against the original CCJ for a Counterclaim. You say you paid previously but never heard anything - how did you pay your £80, if by cheque did you look to see if it was cashed? As said previously you need more details about this from the Court.

hi yes there costs were 1122.18 with VAT

I paid the fees with cheque and the cheque has been cashed

I did because they were irrelevant, if you had read the initial posts properly you would have seen the OP was saying this was for HCEO enforcement, which incidentally has nothing to do with Sheriff Officers in Scotland.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]