Unbelievable Credit Agreement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4118 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wasn't too sure where to put this but felt compelled to share with you.

I've been looking at buying a car on finance and had a good interest rate with a finance company but at the final hour they pulled out as my employer is currently in administration. I provided proof I wouldn't be made redundant but regardless, they pulled out.

So I was recommended another finance company and gave them a call. The call lasted 37 minutes with the advisor talking so fast I could barely even hear what was being said. I asked her to send all the details through on a credit agreement.

When I got the agreement I could do nothing but laugh. The car I want to buy is £5000 and the total i'd be paying back over 4 years was.... £14,000 !

This price included 4 different types of insurance and breakdown cover but I would still have to have my own fully comp insurance too. The 4 additions came to a total of £2200 and then they added interest on to total £4300 just for those services alone!

I laughed thinking the woman would think she was on to a good commission with this sale but it's sad that some people would be so desperate to actually sign up for something like this!

Its really common. I've encountered so many people who end up paying 2/3/4/5/6 times the value of the car with car finance agreements. Car finance always seems to be incredibly expensive, I honestly wonder how companies like this stay in business.

Personally I bought a £1000 banger and saved up until I could afford something better, its got to be better than wasting £1000s on extortionate interest rates!!!

Edited by steampowered

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I can never understand how they work out that someone who might be a bit risky should be charged extremely high interest rates, that makes it even more likely they will default.

I thnk it's a form of discrimination.