Halifax gone back on their word

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4106 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Re: Halifax One card

Hi, can anyone please advise. Sorry for the long thread.

To cut a long story short after I thought Halifax agreed to freeze interest on my card I found out before Christmas that they had decided to just lower the interest.

I was originally paying £100, (£70 of which was interest)

After they lowered the rate I was paying £50 (30 of which was interest)

As I had sent them an income/expenditure form and it was clear that I was struggling as my rent had gone up and I was falling behind with lots of payments I decided to just stop paying them and let them take me to court.

After being hounded by them, (they were even calling me on Sunday mornings), I decided to answer their call and an arrangement was put in place on 2nd Feb whereby I would just pay £20 a month and the interest would be frozen. I offered to pay £30 but the woman said I had to pay £20 otherwise the arrangement could not be set up.

However, I tried to make a payment this evening over the phone as Halifax won't accept a BACS payment from another bank and I was told that there is no record of this arrangement and my case has been referred to a claims company who asked me to pay the whole £3000. I called Halifax again but I couldn't even give them the reference number that was given to me when the arrangement was made. They just said they couldn't discuss it with me.

Who can I complain to about this? The telephone conversation must have been recorded. I feel like I just can't cope anymore. I'm a single parent and have always worked but I just don't earn enough to make ends meet. :help:

Hi, which company has this been ''referred'' to?

Do you have any record of the ''agreement''?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

OK Blair Oliver Scott = B ank O f S cotland inhouse threat merchants for HBOS so it's still in house!!

Refer BOS to that ''agreement'' number.

Edited by citizenB

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: