Nationwide Building Society again. A law unto themselves.

notNBSagain
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi! This is my first time on CAG and I wonder if you can help me turn off the Nationwide’s steam roller?

I have been with the Nationwide for about 30 years. About two years ago, I was made redundant and all was fine until my redundancy pay ran out.

All though I did my best to keep everyone happy, I was amazed at how quickly the Nationwide turned difficult. This shocked me. Where is their loyalty after all this time? They’re supposed to be on my side aren’t they? I can assure you they are NOT.

The problem is that I have an account in dispute with them and I am awaiting their final reply, I will be passing the problem to the Ombudsman once it gets to that stage. However the Nationwide are steam rolling this through the County Court and got me a CCJ whilst the account is in dispute for irresponsible lending. I have written to them regarding this and been told that they can still take me to court even if the account was in dispute. Does anyone know how to stop them so as the Ombudsman can have his say before it’s too late?

Thanks in anticipation

notNBSagain

Edited by Conniff

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Conniff,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I complained in writing to the Nationwide's complaint team, thus following their guidelines regarding making a complaint. I then had to give them 8 weeks or until I received their final reply letter before taking the complaint to the ombudsmen. Is this correct?

Regards

NotNBSagain

Edited by notNBSagain
missing spaces

Hi Conniff,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I complained in writing to the Nationwide's complaint team, thus following their guidelines regarding making a complaint. I then had to give them 8 weeks or until I received their final reply letter before taking the complaint to the ombudsmen. Is this correct?

Regards

NotNBSagain

After you receive their Final Response they have that length of time to respond to you. but they must mention The Final Response, and you can take it to the FOS, = my opinion they FOS are a waste of space,/

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

I'm not sure if an irresponsible lending claim actually puts the account into dispute.

Failure to respond to a CCA or SAR can put it into dispute. But it should be remembered that although being in dispute can be used to withold payments, the interest and charges on those payments can still be added.

Nationwide reaches new low and digs up wife

They’ve really P***** me off now!

Whilst going out of their way to intimidate and harass me, the Nationwide have now decided to write to my wife? The only thing wrong with this is that she is dead. She died very suddenly 21 years ago at the age of 34.

They say they didn’t know this and are sorry? How could they NOT Know? I had my Solicitor forover a year, trying to sort out with them, what had happened to the life insurance we had requested, at the time we purchased our home. It wasn’t until my wife died that I suddenly found out that it had not been set up, more incompetence. It was meant to be one monthly payment of Mortgage, Home and Contents and Life insurance.

I also showed them the death certificate at the time at one of their branches. They only wrote to apologise as an excuse to send another letter about my wife, in order to stress me up even more. They also wish to put me through those dark days again, as they are once again requesting I dig out the Death Certificate for them to see and therefore they are, calling me a liar regarding the death of my wife.

I phoned them two years running on the receipt of my wife’s account statements to tell them she was dead but they ignored what I said on both occasions, so I gave up, over eighteen years ago.

I have had the CAB looking at this present problem for me. However, Nationwide have never got back to them. They prefer to constantly write to me instead. This has the benefit of stressing me up with their intimidation and harassment plus depriving me of the proper help and advice the CAB could offer me.

I

Edited by notNBSagain
missing spaces

Nationwide reaches new low and digs up wife

They’ve really P***** me off now!

Whilst going out of their way to intimidate and harass me, the Nationwide have now decided to write to my wife? The only thing wrong with this is that she is dead. She died very suddenly 21 years ago at the age of 34.

They say they didn’t know this and are sorry? How could theyNOT Know? I had my Solicitor forover a year, trying to sort out with them, what had happened to the life insurance we had requested, at the time we purchased our home. It wasn’t until my wife died that I suddenly found out that it had not been set up, more incompetence. It was meant to be one monthly payment of Mortgage, Home and Contents and Life insurance.

I also showed them the death certificate at the time at one of their branches. They only wrote to apologise as an excuse to send another letter about my wife, in order to stress me up even more. They also wish to put me through those dark days again, as they are once again requesting I dig out the Death Certificate for them to see and therefore, calling me a liar regarding the death of my wife.

I phoned them two years running on the receipt of my wife’s accountstatements to tell them she was dead but they ignored what I said on bothoccasions, so I gave up, over eighteen years ago.

Ihave had the CAB looking at this present problem for me. However, Nationwide have never got back to them. They prefer to constantly write to me instead.This has the benefit of stressing me up with their intimidation and harassment plus depriving me of the proper help and advice the CAB could offer me.

Formal complaint to Nationwide, once they respond make a Formal Complaint to the FSA/FOS/T/S. give them hell, and not let them get away with it, incompetence is no excuse for them, even the Tax Office once I mentioned that my 18 years old daughter had died and their demand is invalid, they apologized immediately and said you will hear no more on this subject, followed by a letter to the effect and contents put in a very nice way, also other organisations at the time.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Thanks MIKE770 and Conniff for your replies.

Ombudsmen here I Come.

Has anyone Emailed Mr Beale before and did he even acknowledge them? Do you think it would do any good? I've heard that it's hispolicies that have changed the Nationwide into the dreadful institution it has become.

I must say the Nationwide has a funny idea about what is fair or what the FSA would think is fair treatment of its members. After all I am a member, part owner and don't forget, most importantly, they're "on myside".

I notice ITV are after stories about how banks miss treat customers. Hmmm!

notNBSagain

Edited by notNBSagain

That’s it then. It has gone, I’ve E-mailed him. What next I wonder? If I suddenly disappear then this is definately not recommended. Nothing would surprise me these days.

notNBSagain

Edited by notNBSagain

Hi Conniff

Thanks for reply

I have already had a reply from the Executive Assistant requesting some further info. I didn't give them a lot, so could be promissing but not holding my breath.

notNBSagain

It amazes me that if you complain to most companies complaints teams, then the reply to the complaint comes from the companies complaints team.

However, when I complained to Nationwide complaints team the reply came from the collections team???

Was my complaint hijacked?

It does not give confidence that your complaint has been dealt with in the fair and honourable way that you or the FSA would desire. Does It?

They are a complete Joke. Use at your peril.

They are a tit again!

I requested a SAR and sent the £10.00 to them.

I Got a reply this morning. Apparently their records show my address has a no trace Status?

This means that one or more items of post have been returned to them?

Today’s letter informing me of this turned up alright and so as all the rest of the junk they have sent me over the last 25 years. I am going to have to fill in a form stating which branch is my nearest and collect it from there?

Please, has anyone heard of this before, as I fear they’re playing games again?

They’re also making it very difficult as they are asking for dates times and other branches I have used.

Eventhough I requested all recordings, they’re telling me I have to request them.It appears to me they are either playing for time or trying to get out of it by grinding me down.Typical.

Edited by notNBSagain
missing spaces

I think another email to the boss is due. Let him know that they are obviously being stupid and sending you a letter telling you they can't deliver letters for you as your address doesn't show up. What a load of rubbish.

Did you get a response to your other email to the boss or a delivery receipt ?

Hi Conniff,

Thanks for reply

I was E-mailed by Beale's Executive Assistant requesting info that I Emailed back. She then phoned my CAB adviser who they had been ignoring and gave her another name and telephone no. in case we had to contact them. She said she would contact me with same name and no. but I have not heard from her regarding this yet. I just hope that giving us this other name and number is not a way of trying to put me back in touch with the underlings?

I believe another call to the Boss may be in order. However,this letter was sent out before he received my first Email. Will sleep on it tonight.

Regards

notNBSagain

Edited by notNBSagain