M&S C/Card Debt over 9 yrs old

Paul Sawyer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4097 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First time here, so forgive me if this thread is in the wrong section.

I had a debt with M&S credit card in 2000. I moved a few times and had other financial issues at the time. I had various letters back then asking me to pay the outstanding balance. This never got paid.

My question is this.

I had no contact from them for years. In 2010 i had a couple of letters from Brian Carter Solicitors asking me to pay the debt. These were ignored.

The debt was 2000 in my Maiden name and never paid back. No contact was ever made with M&S or Brian Carter. I noticed not long ago that i struggled to get credit and wasnt sure why as my Husband dealt with our finances and i never really needed any credit. My Nationwide current account was opened in 2009 and was fine and still is.

When we looked into it we found a CCj issued in 6/2010. I contacted the court to find out who had issued and they gave me Brian Carter as the acting Solicitor acting on behalf of M&S.

After speaking to them today i stated that the debt as far as i was concerned was stature barred and they confirmed it was. Thet also said we hadnt responded to the Claim form that we dont ever remember recieving, so we obviously hadnt defended it as we dint know about it.

Is there anything i can do to get this CCJ set aside taking into account any of the above.

Would really appreciate some advice. Thank you