A4E WP08 Statement

Darwin51
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3626 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone.

Hopefully a simple question here.

A WP08 form was filled out by A4E, because I turned up for a course and asked to leave 20 mins early to sign on, they reused and cancelled the course saying they would rebook.

So I received a sanction doubt, replied to it but received a sanction for the whole month of Jan 2013.

I put in a Subject Access Request (SAR) so I can appeal the sanction.

The paperwork I have received includes all paperwork from A4E. Two sheets in particular interest me. One sheet looks like a memo, but all the details have been blanked out with two big black squares. Just as all the other A4E sheets where the A4E staff members name has been blanked out.

One of these forms was a WP08, a statement of what happened when I turned up at the A4E office, and I left. The person who signed this form has had his name / email blanked out.

But thankfully the DWP sent me their copy of this form showing the persons name and email.

The person who signed the statement wasnt even one of the members of staff from my A4E office.

So can a person, who didnt witness the actuall events, sign a form saying the contents are true and accurate ?

The next point is that the staff on the WP08 form stated "The client did not turn up to the event". But I also received some more A4E screenprints, where one of the comments on the system, regarding this event states "Client arrived at office, but did not wish to stay for the course". Which is rubbish. So the local office staff have entered one comment saying I arrived at the office, but the statement states I didnt even turn up.

Can I use the line that the statement has to be signed by a witness who was actually there and witnessed what happened. And can I also use the two different comments to cancel the sanction, as the two comments stated above contradict what happened.

I ask because if you state specifically in a statement that "The client did not turn up for the event" then in my mind thats plain english, stating I didnt call, didnt go in and say HI, didnt just sit in the reception area and then leave or didnt even stick my head round the door and say I wasnt doing it. It states I didnt even turn up, when the other system notes state I did turn up, ie doesnt matter that the staff cancelled my appointment and said they would rebook, because its my word against theirs, but having two A4E docs stating completely different comments should be a good reason to appeal.

Thanks

Phillip

Hi,

You most definitely need to appeal the Sanction with the evidence and make a formal complaint at A4E.

If you can always record your interactions with these people, they lie, Cheap key fob cameras on ebay £7 or

even mobile phone recording application.

If you had the conversation recorded you could have transcribed it and sent off with your appeal.

George

• 1 year later...

Hi Everyone.

I should have replied to this post a long time ago, but forgot Id even asked the question.

But I appealed the sanction and had the money paid back. I had the DWP on a technicality, I used the line that "A statement is a statement of fact signed by someone who actually witnessed the incident. Just as if you were writing and signing a witness statement for the police, if you didnt witness the incident then you cant sign a statement to the facts, and thats what the WP08 form is, a witness statement to the facts. The WP08 was written and signed for by a member of staff who was in a different office / location, and didnt even witness the incident."

I had requested all the paperwork under the DPA, put it all together and wrote a nice letter with the above statement, and hey ho, I got my money back.

So nice little piece of advice here, always appeal after getting all the paperwork. It worked for me.

I have had two benefit doubts raised by one A4e "adviser" - The "excuse" the provided to me was completely different to the ones filed with the DWP. Like you, I didn't find out until I received the bundle of papers from a SAR, but the DWP refused to do anything about it. Not that it made any difference to me financially as I had closed my JSA claim down a few days before these "sanctions" were filed.

The devious, fraudulent, and dishonest tactics used by Emma's little harpies are well known to myself and many others - Just one reason I recommend everyone records all interactions with them.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.