sky complaint, is idainfife avaliable

postggj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Where do i start

As my contract was up with BT, i was impressed by the offer SKY were doing for six month free internet if i changed service providers.

I contacted sky, give them their due they handled everything and gave me a date my service would be transferred. That day was Monday 18, February.

BT disconnected me at eight AM on the Monday morning, then nothing. I continue to phone sky who insist their is a fault on the line. Strange that has BT had noticed no fault and my service was working fine up to the time they disconnected me.

Sky are now saying after phoning them again today that they have had to get this problem sorted through OPEN REACH, and that i am to allow a further five days. This is unexceptionable

I need the internet as i am allowed to work from home as i have access to an internal employer INTRANET, and my time is logged,

My employer is getting rather annoyed now i have no phone or internet, SKY promised me a change over the same day with no problems, i am quite peeved off with sky and am about to ring BT to change by service provider back to them

Seems all the talk on sky and talk talk are true with regards to service problems and customer service

Comments please

i have just received a text from sky

it appears that a BT open reach engineer has been assigned to this supposed fault tomorrow, that being friday

i wait with baited breath, this realy is unexceptable behaviour.

in a way i dont blame sky as such, its down to BT to be allocated the fault jobs, but i have been left without no service for a week after being promissed a hastle free change over

Hi Squaddie,

It can sound strange that your line is working fine with one provider then a fault occurs on the swap over date.

Most cases no-one notices the swap pver but sometimes there are issues at the exchange doing the switchover (which this sounds like as BT OR need to attend)

Hopefully BT OR should have this resolved tomorrow as its normally quite straight forward fix that is required and to be honest if this has happened now it would have happened at any time you changed provider.

Although it does'nt help you out today but have I would keep trying it as sometimes the fault can be repaired before the allocated time.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

what sort of compensation can i expect

i am not talking a monetary value, but a credit to my bill etc would be acceptable, i feel sky are just giving me excuses as my line was fine befor BT switched over, my employer is getting rather anoyed with the excuses as well

Edited by squaddie

I would request the obvious one, which will be applied easily, the days for loss of service and I would also request a discount on your service for the next few months for the inconvenience.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

One thing i have learned - keep a top up mobile dongle handy :-)

Never had to use it since I moved house but at least i know its there

I am so angry at the moment with sky. I was told that an engineer from BT open reach would be rectifying this alleged fault today. Sky even phoned me this morning on my mobile to state that the BT engineer had it on his work sheet.

SKY have just phoned saying that the BT engineer was unable to get to me today and it will now be monday.

So i have had no phone or internet for a week now. My service was fine with BT, no problems when they turned my service off. Its just one excuse after another from Sky

Well Sky can now FRACK OFF, i have had enough of your BS and corporate sensativity.

I am now phoning BT to go back to them. They told me it will be three weeks before my service is reinstated, but at least i know BT will keep their agreement.

I would give talk talk a try but i have just the same amount of horror stories against them as i have with SKY. At least sky is living up to its reputation on customer service, not

Edited by squaddie

Again i was told an open reach engineer would be rectifying this alleged fault today, still no service.

just had a ding dong with sky who stated its an open reach problem and said i should contact them. I informed sky they were my service provider and they need to deal with sky themself. The sky rep was having none of it so i got BT to put me through to open reach. Open reach were not impressed as they stated they were not customer facing and that all queries go through sky.

This is rediculous, after a week, still no telephone or broadband, SKY AND BT BLAME EACH OTHER

HELP

Sky have just phoned me

They are now promising an engineer from open reach on the 28th, WITH NO GUARANTEE OF AN ENGINEER.

I am afraid frustration got the better of me and i snapped, it was not the customer service advisors fault and i should have known better

The end result is i am sending a letter to sky in the morning terminating my agreement with them as they have failed to honour their contractual obligations as to the contract

I am going back to BT

Edited by squaddie

:-D:-DOut of the blue this morning and totally unexpected, a BT open reach engineer knocks at my door, he is still fiddling about after an hour. I will update if my phone and internet service is turned on at long last

oh happy days

Phone and broadband now up and running after 8 days

I will now contact sky and see what they can offer in the way of compensation for loss of service AND UPDATE

Edited by squaddie

SKY have credited my bill for eight days loss of service plus a £30.00 credit for my mobile. I am happy with that, but not through the inconvenience of being without any service. i realise this was not the fault of sky, but that of allocating an engineer from open reach. (third party) Mine is a prime example of how things go wrong with jobs being allocated to different contractors. privatisation is great (not) People just do not talk to each other and it is the customer that suffers.

So SKY do try and satisfy complaints, well they have to my satisfaction and i will give credit where credit is due

Edited by squaddie

Am glad to hear that you are sorted squaddie albeit not a great way to start your services.

Ida x