Pounds2Pocket refuse to close account after bankruptcy discharge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4124 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I would like some advice please, on what to do next.

My partner was discharged from bankruptcy 4 months ago and is going about clearing his credit file.

There were several accounts still showing as OPEN and DEFAULTED including bank accounts and credit cards. He had no problem calling these companies up and getting them to CLOSE the accounts over the phone.

However, Pounds2Pocket refuse to do anything to the account. The debt was sold on to a debt collection agency who have since CLOSED the debt on the credit file, yet P2P say it has nothing to do with them and Equifax should close the account.

As experienced by others, P2P wont reply to emails, can't contact them by post, and being based in the USA don't seem to have a clue.

What should he do? Get a solicitor to sort it out? Please advise.

Thanks.

Did p2p say that on the phone or by letter/email? If it was by letter, contact the Credit agency and send them a copy, see what they say. It might simply be that your credit record hasnt updated yet.

However, as it was sold on, then it would be the new owner that would have to do something.

Can i ask who the company on your credit record is that is named for the debt? As that would be the current owner and who you would need to communicate with.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi. They said that over the phone. There has been no reply to several emails from weeks ago.

The "new" owner McKenzie Hall has long since changed the account to Closed and the debt as Bankrupt. But the original lender is still on the file and they wont update the account to reflect the bankruptcy. Surely they are required by some law to hold accurate and up-to-date information and to forward this information to Equifax/ Experian themselves? We can't get any written information from them.

If they said it by phone, ignore it. They will say ANYTHING over the phone as there are no records. Thats why we advise people to never talk to them on the phone unless the call can be recorded. If the OC is still marked on the CR file, then chances are it was never actually sold on.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Well, its nobody elses problem. The CRA's only update your file with the info they are given.

Stop using the phone. Keep everything in writing.