2 halfs of wrong sofas delivered - Homebase

viking99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I arrived home from work tonight to find our new £900 sofa was in fact half of the one we ordered, and half of another one, as well as a two person footstool. This only became apparent when my wife unwrapped it. She phoned them straight away and they said they could only replace / collect next Monday (6 days away).

I phoned to complain and they said the earliest they could collect would still be Monday. I do not have the room for this mismatch in my house and with an 11 month old baby its dangerous. Also, their returns policy on the website states that goods to be returned must not be used.

Where do I stand? ...Yeah yeah I know...

I don't think I need to say that nobody should sign for goods of this type until they have been unwrapped and checked, regardless of what the delivery personnel say. however it is too late now.

If I were you I would e-mail Head ofCustomer Service explaining the difficulty and quoting the Sale of Goods Act.

1) The goods provided must match their description.

2) The goods must be fit for purpose.

Give them 3 days to complete their side of the contract, otherwise you will exercise Statutory Right and reject the goods.

No Contact by telephone

How did you pay for the sofa?

It was paid for by bank debit.

How am I expected "not to use" a sofa that is to be returned that is to be taking up much of my room for almost a week?

You can imagine the disarray the room is now in. One of us will now have to take a day off work for the collecetion.

Edited to add: Its an 'L' shaped sofa that does not match up so you can imagine the space issues is poses.

Edited by viking99

If you are up for a bit of get-even/scrap - then I think that Conniff's idea above is the way to go.

I would write to them by email or fax and give them two days to remove the items or you will do it and bill them plus your own expenses and take whatever action necessary to recover the money from them.

This means a small claim in the county court. Chances of success would be pretty well 100%. I would add, say, £100 for cost of storage so far plus hassle and inconvenience.