Fare Evasion London Underground - Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am really worrying about this so some help or advice would be really appreciated. I was travelling with a young person today who holds an 11-15 Zip card. We topped up his card at the beginning of the journey. When we came to the tube station to make our way home, his card kept flashing up with an error. As I was in a rush I thought it would be ok for him to come through the barriers with me using my Oyster Card and just pay at the other end. The ticket inspector saw this and asked to check the young person's oyster card. She told me he had gone through on my card and so I would need to top his up to ensure he could exit. I did this and we left with nothing further happening.

I have been thinking about the incident and am now worried myself or the child will be sent a letter regarding fare evasion. My details were not noted down and the child's oyster card was not taken away. Is there anyway for Tfl to find out our addresses just from it being scanned through? Am I likely to get into trouble for fare evasion. Looking back now I realise it was stupid to think he would be able to pay at the other end and wish I had not done it. Please give me any advice you have on whether there is a possibility of me getting into trouble for this.

Thanks

Edited by caro
Replaced text that OP edited out when wanted thread deleting

Any advice on this would be really appreciated please, I am really panicking about it.

Hello there, welcome to CAG.

The guys should be along later, but please bear in mind that this is a voluntary forum and it's half-term in some areas of the country. People will be here when they can.

I'm about to read your OP and will comment if I'm able to.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi,

I am really worrying about this so some help or advice would be really appreciated. I was travelling with a young person today who holds an 11-15 Zip card. We topped up his card at the beginning of the journey. When we came to the tube station to make our way home, his card kept flashing up with an error. As I was in a rush I thought it would be ok for him to come through the barriers with me using my Oyster Card and just pay at the other end. The ticket inspector saw this and asked to check the young person's oyster card. She told me he had gone through on my card and so I would need to top his up to ensure he could exit. I did this and we left with nothing further happening.

I have been thinking about the incident and am now worried myself or the child will be sent a letter regarding fare evasion. My details were not noted down and the child's oyster card was not taken away. Is there anyway for Tfl to find out our addresses just from it being scanned through? Am I likely to get into trouble for fare evasion. Looking back now I realise it was stupid to think he would be able to pay at the other end and wish I had not done it. Please give me any advice you have on whether there is a possibility of me getting into trouble for this.

Thanks

If you were not issued with any form or notice and no details were taken, I would not wory unduly as it is very unlikely that any further action will occur.

Is there anyway to delete this thread please?

Hello there.

Consideration can be given by the site team to removing threads for legal reasons, although I see you've already removed all of what you posted.

Personally, I don't find this very fair on the people here who give their time and advice freely. The purpose of a forum is to keep information for future caggers and you yourself must have benefitted from that.

What are your reasons please?

HB

I really appreciate the advice given by those who replied to the thread. I just no longer want details of my concern posted on a public forum if that is ok. I would be really grateful if you could remove it.

Hello again.

For the reasons I've stated above, we cannot remove threads, but I shall close it for further input.

It's also worth mentioning that details can still appear in internet archives, which are beyond our control.

HB

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks