DCAs will not listen to me (working for Arrow Global Ltd)!!

mally1975
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4119 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I would appreciate some advice on this one.. I've had two letters now from different DCAs (Rockwell and now Transcom Worldwide UK) who are both supposedly working for Arrow Global Limited..

Going way back to when I received the first letter from Rockwell, I telephoned them and actually managed to gleen out of them more information about this debt than they got from me.. They have a completely different address (somewhere I've never lived although they have my current address which is fine by me) and a different date of birth - by the way, I refused to give them anything other than my name which they have on the letter and confirmed that my DOB was not what they had, which it isn't lol!! I wasn't born in 1977 and I told them so.. Rockwell said they'd look into and call me back within the hour - that was 6 months ago now..

Anyway, fast forward to today, I get a letter from Transcom Worldwide (UK) with the same debt notification - again I call them and again manage to get out of them they have the same details as Rockwell did.. An address I've never lived at and the wrong date of birth to me, it's not me they are after or I'd put my hands up..

The best advice the TWUK rep said was to report the thing as fraud but not sure how that would help me in this situation as it isn't my debt!.. I can't find out what Arrow Global collect for which is a bit annoying and sadly neither DCA was that daft to tell me that juicy niblet lol.. My question is, do I take this further with Arrow Global and phone/write to them about this?.. I don't want to keep having threats from DCAs.. What can I do??..

Thanks for any advice..

• 3 weeks later...

Hiya 1st of all send them the prove it letter from the cag library, wait till they reply then a cca, request template aslo available there, cca req cost £1-00 and they have 12+2 days to reply, but the interesting point will be if you are not the named debtor they cant give it to you, if they do they are in breach of the DPA (data protection act)

If you write to them don't sign your letters, also please make sure you send it recorded delivery and get poof of receipt, also never phone DCA always in writing, don't go through the security questions just sa in writng then hang up.... find the library from the mid top left of this page, if you need further advice just ask.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Hello,

I would appreciate some advice on this one.. I've had two letters now from different DCAs (Rockwell and now Transcom Worldwide UK) who are both supposedly working for Arrow Global Limited..

Going way back to when I received the first letter from Rockwell, I telephoned them and actually managed to gleen out of them more information about this debt than they got from me.. They have a completely different address (somewhere I've never lived although they have my current address which is fine by me) and a different date of birth - by the way, I refused to give them anything other than my name which they have on the letter and confirmed that my DOB was not what they had, which it isn't lol!! I wasn't born in 1977 and I told them so.. Rockwell said they'd look into and call me back within the hour - that was 6 months ago now..

Anyway, fast forward to today, I get a letter from Transcom Worldwide (UK) with the same debt notification - again I call them and again manage to get out of them they have the same details as Rockwell did.. An address I've never lived at and the wrong date of birth to me, it's not me they are after or I'd put my hands up..

The best advice the TWUK rep said was to report the thing as fraud but not sure how that would help me in this situation as it isn't my debt!.. I can't find out what Arrow Global collect for which is a bit annoying and sadly neither DCA was that daft to tell me that juicy niblet lol.. My question is, do I take this further with Arrow Global and phone/write to them about this?.. I don't want to keep having threats from DCAs.. What can I do??..

Thanks for any advice..

Hi one thing STAY OFF THE PHONE!!

Arrow Global are a debt purchase company, and have numerous portfolio of debts.

UNLESS a DCA actually states what debt they are chasing it is inadvisable to be firing off letters and contacting them, these phishing trip letters are intended to trap you in to aninadvertant admission of liability, from what you say about the wrong data, this may not be your debt anyway.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Mikeymach is quite right NEVER EVER phone any dca or answer any questions from them on the phone. Just TELL them in writing only and hang up. Send them a Prove it letter from the library here. It is up to them to prove you have a debt not for you to prove you do not. If a dca has any of your details wrong that is their problem not yours. Sounds also like these may be just a fishing exercise by a dca to see what response they get. Don' give the beggers any help or assistance.

Thank you for your responses everyone!..

I have tried going down the route of asking them to prove that I am the original debtor with letters but basically 'brick wall'.. They will not send me the data (rightfully, because it's not mine!).. They have an address that I've never lived at, wrong name AND date of birth - I am not paying these people anything (not even 1 measly pound for someone else's data that I won't get lol!!).. I have noticed that the threat letters are getting a little more strongly worded so I think 'harrassment' might be a good line to take on this one??.. What does everyone else think??..

My ideal outcome would be: I get confirmation from the DCAs that they are chasing the wrong person.. I do know how they got my particular details (Silly DCA should really watch what their ops say lol) - apparantly there's a database with all debtors, people being chased, people they can't find etc and somehow, an idiot tracer perhaps, they matched me to the debt!..

Mally1975,

Look out here for a letter to send to AG and others I'll draft it later this am.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Send the following :

For the PERSONAL ATTENTION of:-

The Data Controller

Arrow Global.

Ref:Use theirs:

Dear sir/madam,

Formal Complaint.

I refer to a debt for £xxxx .xx which Arrow Global have assigned to xxxxxx debt collection agency and has in the past been assigned to mnay other agencies none of whom have provided unequivocal proof that I am indeed the debtor you seek, and once more I state that I xxxxx xxxxxxxxx am not the debtor named in any letters from Arrow Global or any of it's agents, and I list below the the evidence I have provided previously, this is provided as a gesture of good will and to achieve closure of this matter also I remind you of the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection 2003/2012 section 3.9 (j) (Deceptive & Unfair Methods) ''Requiring an Individual to prove that he is NOT the actual debtor who owes an outstanding debt''.

Arrow Global are clearly in breach of the Guidance.

I now REQUIRE Arrow Global to:

1. Cease processing all data relating to me and remove it fron its' records.

2. To remove all/any references to the alleged debt from all credit reference agency files.

3. Instruct all 3rd. Parties to withdraw collection activity and close and return all relevant files to their client.

4. Confirm to me in wriiting that the instructions given above have been complied with.

Given the inordinate length of time trouble and expense incurred because of Arrow Globals intransigent conduct in this matter I strongly suggest that it gives serious consideration to making significant financial redress for the stress and inconvenience caused.

I reserve the right to report the conduct of Arrow Global to the relevant regulatory bodies.

Send RM recorded delivery.