Bus Lane Fine Leeds, Vicar Lane

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4117 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi...

Some info would be appreciated if you guys can help?

I have had a fine for driving in Vicar Lane, Leeds bus lane..........which I probably did as I dont know the city and I was driving up to see my Mum in hospital who had just broken her hip, and was lost whilst trying to find my way.

There is grounds to appeal on the rear of the form if the fine is excessive.............

As I was in the bus lane at 9.21 pm 2/1/13 and no other traffic is visible in the photo, can I claim that this is excessive as I did not use it to gain an advantage.

Worth a try?

Regards.

This is a bus gate, not a bus lane and by the looks of it, correctly signed. However, the google street image shows some road surface repair which slightly obscures the road markings ;https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Vicar+Lane,+Leeds&hl=en&ll=53.799371,-1.539652&spn=0.008377,0.022724&sll=52.8382,-2.327815&sspn=9.096682,23.269043&oq=Vicar+Lane&hnear=Vicar+Ln,+Leeds,+United+Kingdom&t=m&z=16&layer=c&cbll=53.799311,-1.53966&panoid=CrzpBxO2Xhgt0gnvlhL1rg&cbp=12,165.28,,0,4.08 but i'm not sure that is sufficient enough to win an appeal. Of course, the image maybe out of date and the surface is now correctly marked.

As for your 'reason' for using the bus gate, i'm afraid that would be irrelevant. Looking at the date you have posted, are you still within the time scale to appeal?

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Hi,

Many thanks for that. I have no idea the difference between the two, here in North Devon we just have roads, and if we are lucky, they are usable!

I am still within the timescale, as I didnt recieve the first appliction....first I knew of it was a demand for £90!! So, I am starting from the beginning.

I shall see if they can give me the video evidence they say they have, that may have some more detail on it.

But I did wonder if the fact I had no advantage for being in the lane, I may have a case.

I think that the original fine was £30 (must check again) so I can swallow that.and of course never go to Leeds ever again and spend my money in the local economy!! lol. :smile:

Many thanks for your time.

Regards