are Three playing me for a fool ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey,

I ordered a new three sim only deal 3 days ago and it arrived on Saturday morning, the deal included unlimited "ultra-fast" internet, 5000 text messages and the same amount of minutes -great I though however once I opened the sim card and tried the "ultra-fast" internet in my handset it became apparent that the service was in fact slower than my existing Virgin service.

Thinking this defeated the object in buying it, I decided to call 333 and exercise my rights to return the sim and cancel the account however this was not as easy as I though - basically because I had opened the sim card and tried it out in the handset I have waivers my right to cancel the sim and therefore has to give 30 days notice to disconnect.

I tried arguing this with the advisor and then the manager however they were having none of it and insisted that the three policy superseded any law associated with buying from the internet and service agreements.

I know that the distance sales act should cover me as I didn't expressly request that the sim be connected the moment its shipped out therefore not wavering my rights under the DSR however Three genuinely don't care and seem to think that I am stuck with the sim.

is this allowed and what can I do?

you are correct

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

in writing time to the ceo

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I would make sure that you reiterate any cancellation in writing rather than relying that they will log your request on the phone

CAG has helped me so much since I joined. Based on what I have learnt from others on here and my own experiences, I try to chip in and help others from time to time. I am not an expert and give my opinion only. Always check with the more experienced CAG members before making important decisions.

:-)

Hello all,

Thanks for the input - I have written an email to their CEO and had a a reply staying that they will contact me within the next 7 days.

My questions is - what do I do with regards to the 7 days under the DSR as this could have lapsed by the time the Three CEO replies leaving me high and dry ? shall I just return the SIM back with a covering letter or complaint to the OFT?

Thanks

Scott

they aren't that cruel.

your 1st contact will be deemed in time

dx

and they

LOL.

Thanks DX

I have just emailed David Drysons office a copy of the DSR letter obtained from the OFT website for cancelling a service so hopefully this will be actioned.

a hard copy will be posted to Glasgow tomorrow as well.

Three as a funny company to deal with and see to have a very "bullish" approach..

well one things for certain

they haven't a clue!!

dx

and they

its just really annoying as no matter what you say then will not back down and accept that perhaps you as a customer are in the right.

Sorry to go on about it DX - just worried that they are somehow going to screw up my credit file now that I have rejected their terrible products and its exactly 1 week tomorrow since the order was placed.