Egg, Apex and credit agreement arrived in post???

iloveapex
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4039 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

iloveapex

That was my understanding,that you hadn't sent a request. Being as cynical as i am then i suspect it may be a trick.

"here is your agreement now pay up"

Therefore i am suggesting that if you send a cca request they may just admit they do not have the necessary. Cabot have done this with two accounts of mine.

However Citizen Bs idea of establishing exactly what their position is. is in my opinion an excellent idea.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

NO.. send them separately..

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I would also send a cca request to apex as that is clearly not compliant with a cca request. There is not the full list of documents as posted by the brigadier.

If i were a cynic i would think they had tried to trick you into thinking they had fulfilled a cca request.

Hadnt read your reply properly, I will indeed send a CCA once I get a reply about assignment.

Excellent help all, much appreciated.

I have an Egg CC that was defaulted in early 2009 and sold at the same time. Apex were the assignee. They are numerous duff Egg cards out there which didnt make it to Barclaycard. They didnt take any of the delinquents in 2011.

The loans and mortgages went to Yorkshire so Egg dont have any live accounts. Indeed I have seen another Apex/Egg where egg are refusing to accept money at all now. The client has been paying low sums throughout and wont deal with Apex at all.

So what do we know. OP's card defaulted before mine. Mine has been assigned to Apex one year after OP's default. Barclays didnt take on any deliquents and Egg now refusing any payments.

Reading about forums there are numerous instances of Egg accounts having no activity for months and even years. But nearly everyone from this time eventually ends up with Apex doing the chasing.

Totally agree with Fletch something pretty fishy here to get a CCA out of nowhere. Almost as if they have found it in a drawer or down the back of a filing cabinet.

And then for it not to be correct can only lead to the idea that its an attempt to get an unsuspecting OP to cough making him think they have him bang to rights.

I have an Egg CC that was defaulted in early 2009 and sold at the same time. Apex were the assignee. They are numerous duff Egg cards out there which didnt make it to Barclaycard. They didnt take any of the delinquents in 2011.

The loans and mortgages went to Yorkshire so Egg dont have any live accounts. Indeed I have seen another Apex/Egg where egg are refusing to accept money at all now. The client has been paying low sums throughout and wont deal with Apex at all.

So what do we know. OP's card defaulted before mine. Mine has been assigned to Apex one year after OP's default. Barclays didnt take on any deliquents and Egg now refusing any payments.

Reading about forums there are numerous instances of Egg accounts having no activity for months and even years. But nearly everyone from this time eventually ends up with Apex doing the chasing.

Totally agree with Fletch something pretty fishy here to get a CCA out of nowhere. Almost as if they have found it in a drawer or down the back of a filing cabinet.

And then for it not to be correct can only lead to the idea that its an attempt to get an unsuspecting OP to cough making him think they have him bang to rights.

Had to laugh....have him bang to rights, just made me think Jog On Kitty! lol.

If they want the money its not going to be easy for them. Egg should have played ball in the beginning. Im older and wiser and this time around not worried by any of their shenanigans.

Do I owe them money, yes probably. Will I pay, probably but only after making them jump through hoops and only when it suits and even then you can be sure it will be less than what I offered Egg 1st time around! Bring it on! :madgrin:

Well worth spinning this out have just seen an Egg £11000 CC being admitted by a DCA that no documents are obtainable from Egg anymore. No court action on the account but would the client please pay. Lol. Interesting wording. No paperwork available from the OC anymore.

This is interesting as a number of PPI reclaimers are starting to report difficulty in obtaining account information from Canada Square. Maybe shredders are in overtime to avoid any legacy PPI claims. If the client has no paperwork and the bank has none then any claim is dead in the water. Blame it on staff at Derby which is now conviently closed.

From the sudden flurry of activity on these Egg accounts that never got to Barclaycard something has happened.

DCA's all of a sudden realised OC doesnt have the paperwork anymore? So going to try some bluffing and bullying before Joe public gets to realise most are now dead.

Fingers crossed for you.

Citizen B apex are part of Cabot or the other way round. But Cabot are debt purchasers so maybe that is the link.

Is this correct?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Brig.

Yep Apex and Cabot are one and the same now. Last year sometime. All Apex lettering has Cabot on it now.

The merger/takeover and the HMRC contract probably have had something to do with Apex not being very much on the ball with these Egg accounts.

Now from reading forums they are certainly stirring for sure.

Maybe they have investigated the back room and found a shed load of accounts hidden away.

Thank you Ken.

Yes, I was first alerted by the notice on the bottom of the letter the OP posted so i then went to the apex website which confirmed the debt purchase link.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Brig.

Yep Apex and Cabot are one and the same now. Last year sometime. All Apex lettering has Cabot on it now.

The merger/takeover and the HMRC contract probably have had something to do with Apex not being very much on the ball with these Egg accounts.

Now from reading forums they are certainly stirring for sure.

Maybe they have investigated the back room and found a shed load of accounts hidden away.

Thanks Ken, I found the information earlier as well.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

• 2 months later...

Been a while but I had a reply from Apex and have attached it for you to look at.

Apparently the case/law I quoted was incorrect.

In the draft I downloaded it stated the year 1926 but it appears it should have been 1925.

Can someone please clarify exactly what law/case I should have been quoting ( and explain it in laymans terms )

Under the law I quoted I asked to see all communications regarding the sale of my debt but as you can see from the reply,

because I didnt get it exactly right, this information has not been forthcoming.

They sent me 2 copies of letters ( on plain paper ) both dated 9th Nov 2009.

Both letters had my name spelt incorrectly and as such were either binned or returned to sender.

We were having a lot of unsolicited calls at the time by companies offering debt help and all quoted the same wrong name.

They have, as a gesture of goodwill, suspended all collection activity on the account for 21 days from the date of the letter. Isnt that sweet! Been years of nothing!

So, what do we think?

I think I need to write back to clarify the law and once again ask to see all communications etc from the sale of the debt.

ok well I don't know where or why you sent the law of prop letter wanting the deed anyhow

you wont get that it confidential.

in mar 2014 this will vanish from your cra file

you've not? claimed its sb'd anyhow so what are they going on about with dates and ack of the debt.

di you get the sar back?

did you ID any penalty charges?

and PPI?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The Apex letter says that they have sent a copy of the signed agreement, can we see that please.

dx100 is correct regarding the deed this is the confidential contract between the ''creditor'' and the ''debt purchaser'' and because debt is sold in very large portfolio lots the deed will contain data relating to other parties, if a court should order the deed to be produced all that would be provided is a very heavily redacted copy which from experience is next to useless.

Brig

He has in post 6.

Interesting reading some of the posts seeing as this was the week before the Marlin assignment hit the fan. Canada Square were busy getting ready for the requests for paperwork that was surely about to hit them. Think they just happened to pick on OP's to play with.

As Apex are reading this thread. Hi boys and girls :-o I dont want to say much. But why dont you ask them if they have the original or is this a recon? You are pre 2005 therefore they need an original agreement to enforce. And indications from the Barclays/Marlin assignment is that egg were pretty busy with the shredders before they closed down. As I said in the thread there are a number of retained Barclays accounts I have seen going UE for having no paperwork.

And now its the FCA the DCA's are not only supposed to follow the FCA rulebook but also the spirit of the rulebook. Misleading a client is a no no so ask the question. If they say they have the original and they havnt naughty naughty time. And if they confirm its just a recon then up to you what you want to do with that information.