Insurance cancelled without knowledge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys hope you guys can help.

Yesterday the police stopped me for tinted windows, and when they did a search they found out I had no insurance. They said I will be fined 6 points and £900, they also took my car.

When I called the insurance company they told me it was cancelled because they couldn't take the money from my bank account due to insufficient funds. I totally forgot because I was away on my honeymoon during the time.

Is there any chance I can get away from the 6 point fine?

Thanks

they dont usually cancel it for just 1 month missed

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Do you have a history of non payment? how long were you away for? and why didnt you notice on your bank statement that it hadnt gone out, also I thought the wrote to you when the insurance was cancelled so that you c0ould return the certificate? but I could be wrong on that

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

some more information like how many payments you missed. how long between the first payment missed and policy being cancelled and are you saying the bank never sent you a letter either saying they didnt make payment.

:???: what me. never heard of you never had a debt with you.

Im in agreement with dx here. Insurance do not cancel for a single months missed payment. They usually allow a certain amount of time afterwards in which to pay AND send you at least 1 warning letter.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

their will be a history of failed payments for the insurance to cancel

you would of been made aware of this

if a PNC check on the car said no insurance and you have a copy of it, all they do is phone them up and check anyways

your car will not of been insured

to be truthful six points on your license in my eyes is not enough

you wont get away with it unless you can prove, you were insured, which i doubt you can

MIB info can, I understand, take several days to reach the files used for roadside checks.

But, what validity dates appear on the paper Certificate of Insurance?

Do they issue a new one each month or one for the year that they can rescind in writing?

And if so, did they?

• 4 weeks later...

An insurance company's terms and conditions will normally require they write to you giving a certain amount of days notice of cancellation.

Contact them and ask for a copy of any letter they sent you.

If they have not sent one, they have not validly cancelled.

It can be worth submitting a formal complaint to your insurance company if they have not made any proper effort to contact you before cancelling,

especially if they hold your phone number or email address.

If your complaint is upheld they may be willing to provide a letter of indemnity (basically saying you are covered) which would result in any charges being dropped.

However, most insurers will send a couple of letter chasing payment and warning insurance to be cancelled.

On the bright side, if they have cancelled the policy, it is void from commencement and they have to repay any of the premium you have already paid (less an admin fee)