PPI - Yorkshire/Clydesdale

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4118 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I took out a loan for £4000 with Yorkshire bank in 2002.

I have recently put in a claim for PPI.

I have the account number and I know the details of when it was taken out, which branch and roughly when it was repaid.

They have come back to me and said as it is older than 6 years they no longer have any details other than the loan number I provided them with

so cannot do anything more unless I can provide them with the original loan agreement which I no longer have...

..Is there anything I can do now or is that it?

Is it worth going to the financial ombudsman?

Thanks

If the loan was repaid more than six years ago then they may have destroyed the data.

You could try a SAR and see what that throws up.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Ok thanks, so if I send off the SAR and they say they haven't got any details because they have been destroyed does that mean there is nothing I can do? Or would I still be able to take it to ombudsman as I have the account number? The loan was repaid late 2003

It is going to be extremely difficult without figures for the PPI and the repayments made because no one will now how much in PPI you paid.

If you have no paperwork on this loan, how do you know there was PPI on it?

Might be a silly question but thought I'd ask :lol:

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I just remember when I took out the loan and what I was told at the time and also I did have have some documents relating to insurance for the loan, however I have then got rid of most documents before the whole thing of claiming back PPI started, wish I had kept everything now but didn't think I'd ever need it.

Have they really destroyed the data - and provided evidence etc - or have they just said as it was over 6 years old their policy is to destroy etc. The latter has lots and lots of wriggle room in it for a slippery banker.

I'd be tempted to push for an answer to the direct question in your SAR - have you got my data and if not show me proof of destruction? It might just remind them to look in the right places!