Blake Lapthorn Northampton Court - Urgent

DARCYS
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4003 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

OK so you have a strict time line to follow on this.

Issue date is 16th Jan, ad 5 days for service = 21st Jan plus 14 to acknowledge = 4th Feb. So you must acknowledge the claim no later than 4th Feb. You can do so on-line using the information in the court pack. If you intend to defend you will have a further 14 days to lodge a defence.

Your defence could be structured around the unlawful charges which are on the account (according to your above post) and the associated interest charged as a result of them.

Do you have all of your statements of the account.

Was there any PPI on the account which you could reclaim?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK so you have a transaction history...good.

Take hold of this spreadsheet and complete it in accordance with the instructions in the "Notes" tab.

Simply put, list all of the charges applied to the account for things like Late Payment, Over Limit etc giving the date of the charge, the description and the amount. Set the "Claim To" date as today and to start with setting the interest rate to the rate being charged on the account.

When you have done that come back here and let us know the figure that the spreadsheet comes up with.

CISheet v101.xls

Edited by ims21
Spelling
  • Confused 1

ims21 - I put 24.9% in the interest rate box (row 15) as you advised but it doesn't seem to want to do the calculation.

I'm sure it's my fault, but not sure how to rectify it. Do you know what I might have done wrong.

Kind regards

D

Have you actually downloaded and saved the spreadsheet rather than use it from the link?

Save the spreadsheet to your PC and then open it from there.

Your defence will be on the charges and associated interest.

I'll bring your thread to the attention of the more "Legal" guys who will be able to help you with the defence.

As long as you acknowledge and tick defend then you will have until the 18th Feb to submit the defence which you can do online.

I would leave it until tomorrow to fill it in...it is going to be a bit quiet here overnight now and you have until 4th Feb to do it.

As far as the interest calculations go, there are some online compound interest calculators you could use... Google "Compound Interest Calculator"