ESA50 and disclosing phone numbers

ghost whistler
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4150 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It is a legal requirement that you be notified of the date and time of your assessment in writing. As stated above, a telephone call is in addition to written notification and simply done because some people find that easier.

I have from the outset refused to speak to ATOS or DWP on the phone and have never had my benefits sanctioned as a result.

Everyone on this thread has told you exactly the same thing however you seem to know better so why ask in the first place?

• Haha 1

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

I have no idea what pro bono notification is, but how can you be sure that you are right?

pro bono likes the lead singer of U2

&

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2008/794/regulation/49/made

Notification of assessment

49.—(1) The health care professional who is to carry out the work-focused health-related assessment, or a person acting on the health care professional’s behalf, must notify the claimant of the requirement to attend the work-focused health-related assessment including details of the date, time and place of the assessment.

(2) Notification under paragraph (1) must be given in writing at least 7 days before the claimant is required to attend the work-focused health-related assessment unless the claimant agrees to accept a shorter period of notice whether given in writing or otherwise.

note reference to letter and the word must.

The reasons for the telephone calls are outlined in my post above. If you do not want to talk to them or ignore the phone calls a letter is sent end of! No further action but sending a notification letter can nor will be taken period!

Sorry i haven't been able to read all the replies you had, if you left blank where you should have put your phone number that should be ok. Why you think Atos will ring you? they have never rang me, just sent me a letter.

If you are worried about them ringing you and your partner finding out, there are other ways that you can set your telephone so the call wont get through.

If you ask Atos not to ring you because you don't want your partner to know they will get suspicious and investigate you and give you a lot more stress.

Thank you for this SF - I have highlighted the relevant section :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Missed a bit.

Although ATOS might ring they will not disclose any personal information unless the other person successfully answers security questions.

They may revel that they are ATOS and inquire when's the best time to call you back. They should not disclose why they are calling you to anybody else but you.

Data protection issue is they do!

You could say that you applied for a job or something with them if asked? Not to hard to spin that little white lie.

Your best solution (if you thought about it earlier) would have been to set up a cheep payg mobile with a £10 top up. There's different rules for diff operators as you usually have to make 1 single charge able phone call every 3-6 months or they take the credit away. My legacy Vodaphone mobile I converted to PAYG topped up with £10 4 years ago and a quick call to my land line means that's never been topped up since.

Apologies if I was a little flippant and off hand earlier this thinking lark has been a bit beyond me for the past 6 months.

You've been given the answer several times, most recently (and in some detail) by Speedfreek above. It's up to you whether you want to accept the information or not.

your attitude is a joke.

and if people think that this issue is a 'non thread' they can **** off. This is EXTREMELY serious to me. and I will not have my feelings traduced by some ****, especially on what is supposed to be a support forum!

:Shatos n Data Protection:

Shatos overdo data protection when it suits them not to recognise;

Third party authority, even when it's been given via letter or on page 20 of an ESA50.

(Page 19 of the 01/13 edition, if they ever get the internet version to work!)

Implied consent, even when the claimant's unconsious! :rant:

Margaret.

your attitude is a joke.

and if people think that this issue is a 'non thread' they can **** off. This is EXTREMELY serious to me. and I will not have my feelings traduced by some ****, especially on what is supposed to be a support forum!

Listen carefully: do not speak to anyone like this - not me, nor any other poster. This is not negotiable.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Enough is enough.

I have reviewed the thread and it is quite plain that the answers you have sought have been given by some very experienced members and they have been good enough to go into great detail in their replies.

We will not allow this thread to degenerate any further and therefore it has been closed.

Thank you to all who have provided answers and I am sorry that your efforts appear not to be appreciated.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4150 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks