Basic ET Guidelines/Procedures/Legislation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4142 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

praticaly all correspondence I receive from my respondent's solicitors is liberally peppered with quoted sections from various procedures and legislation. So much so it does induce a certain amount of word-blindness and unease (which I think is part of the reason it is included!).

Are there a few basic pieces of legislation and/or guidance notes that I should be looking at in order to appreciate the overall business of the Tribunal and the responsibilities of both the claimant and the respondent. The tribunal service sent me a few very basic booklets - but nothing that covers the procedural tomfoolery of my respondent's solicitors.

Any pointers would be most useful.

Hi,

praticaly all correspondence I receive from my respondent's solicitors is liberally peppered with quoted sections from various procedures and legislation. So much so it does induce a certain amount of word-blindness and unease (which I think is part of the reason it is included!).

Are there a few basic pieces of legislation and/or guidance notes that I should be looking at in order to appreciate the overall business of the Tribunal and the responsibilities of both the claimant and the respondent. The tribunal service sent me a few very basic booklets - but nothing that covers the procedural tomfoolery of my respondent's solicitors.

Any pointers would be most useful.

I agree with you here, they do use this wording to prevent easy access for people who are new to the law. I have found its like learning a new (very formal) language. don't worry, hopefully it will all make sense over time.

1 pointer, would to be that you get a full disclosure of information/ evidence from the Respondent's or their solicitors, either through:

1 a Subject Access Request or

2. a court Order

Hope this helps!

Regards

BB

You should visit legislation.gov to get access to the statutes they're referring to. The employment rights act 1996 and employment tribunals (constitution and rules of procedure) regulations 2004 are good starting points. Also check out the ACAS code of practice on their website.