Courier damaged sofa then drove away with it!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4159 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Apologies if something similar has been mentioned already, I've searched and found no similar situations mentioned previously.

Moving home to an unfurnished place so needed a sofa. My other half saw one she liked on eBay and we used deliveryquotecompare to arrange a courier to collect from the seller and deliver to our new place. Checked reviews and made sure the courier had GIT insurance before accepting a quote.

Arranged to collect and move the sofa. It arrived with a small tear on the rear near the floor which not really visible wasn't too big a deal. However, the courier succeeded in tearing another big foot long hole on the top of the sofa when unloading due to carelessness. He then tried to claim that it's not his responsibility, he is only responsible for damage whilst 'in transit' and that as he was stationary and it was at our address he is not responsible? He tried to offer free delivery (£60) and re-reimbursement of the fee we paid to make the damage 'disappear' and end the issue right there. Re-upholster a chesterfield for £60 can you?, my wife not unreasonably wasn't happy with that so he drove away. With our Sofa...

2 weeks later he still has it, is refusing to repair it, to deliver it or to re-imburse us the value. Hangs up on calls to try and sort it out and last time I spoke to him he said that he is going to charge us for storage. Driving away with the sofa is not far off outright theft and now has the audacity to even mention charging us for storage? Beggars belief!

Does anyone have any advice for what I should do now? Thanks.

Send him one more notice giving him 7 days. Then issue him an lba.

Is this courier self employed or working for a company?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D