Son paid for AI got half board!!! - **RESULT**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi my 19 year old son has just gone on holiday (Friday 13th!) with 3 other friends. They've booked all-inclusive to Ibiza. When they were met by the rep she said the hotel they had booked had been closed down and they were being put in another hotel, but the hotel they were changed to was only half board. She said that she would give them money each day for there lunch, but she never said how much and they have'nt received any yet. When my son complained about being moved she just told him to go into going places when they got back and they would sort it out. They did'nt take that much money with them because they knew that all there food and drink was already paid for. So there a little bit worried.If any body could offer us any advice on my sons rights I would be very gratefull. Thank you

They need to make a complaint when they get back and they should get the difference between HB and AI price and something extra for their inconvenience.

• Confused 1

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

He should keep all receipts for food and claim it all back when he gets home. Make sure he puts his compalint in writing at the resort itself. If the original package included drinks, snacks etc then make sure he also claims for these.

• Confused 1

Pam.

If anything I've said helps you then please feel free to tip my scales!

If he needs to take money out, make sure he keeps receipts, as he'll have to reclaim the ATM fee as well. Make sure the cash withdrawals tally with going shopping as much as possible, or even pay by card at food shop if possible.

• Confused 1

Hi just to let anybody know that was interested. My son and his 3 friends have seen the rep this afternoon. They got 1,250 euros ,between them and when they get back to england they will be given £50 each for "any inconvinence". So there quite pleased. Thank you very much to everyone who offered advice. Sam x

Presumably the following

The holiday companys just want your money and they don't seam to care when things go wrong.

no longer applies then? :)

I recall the last (and only time) I booked a holiday through a travel agent we were put in a dirty, wet room (leaking fridge, unpainted walls, exposed wiring etc) on our first night. So tired on arrival that we just got into bed and slept. Next morning the rep was around to try to sell us excursions and car hire, an brief expression of interest followed by a polite request for a room move was met by an apology from the hotel owners and the rep, a move to another room (which met our wishlist), free drinks and the promise of upto £50 towards a meal for two on production of receipt (we tried hard but in Greece it's hard to spend more than £20 including as much as we could drink). Oh and when we were involved in an accident in the car we hired (it was hit whilst parked by a scooter that was involved in an collision with another scooter) the rep had a word with the hirer and all extras we forgotten

Lloyds TSB, Total Charges £900, Claim Filed for £1379 - Settled

Sainsbury's Bank Credit Card, Total Charges £90 - Settled.

Presumably the following

Quote:

The holiday companys just want your money and they don't seam to care when things go wrong.

no longer applies then? :-)

On the contrary.I still think that's the case. The holiday company only gave my son and his friends the money and compensation because my son told the rep (and as any mother of a 19 year old can testify) they eat all day and drink all night. He told her that he was going to keep all recipt's as per infomation on this site and claim it all back, so the company gave him the money not because they "care" but because it was in there better interest then being landed with a food and drink bill for 4 19 year olds! It's the same for the banks etc they give you your money back because it works out cheaper for them in the long run.