Help with Toothfairy.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4144 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I'm in a similar situation to misc89 - I borrowed £300 in October and due to having costings university field work significantly increased (field work is a compulsory part of my degree and really can't be helped!!!) I couldn't repay the loan in full.

I phoned toothfairy and asked to organise a payment plan and they informed me that they didn't accept any form of payment plans and that I would have to wait for my case to be transferred to northern debt recovery, who might allow a payment plan. One month later "my case" was sent on and I was told originally that I had to make £200 a month payments to clear a debt of now £822 due to "solicitors fees as I breached a contract meaning a solicitor has to be paid to create a new contract" I beat them down to accept £70 a month (which I still can't afford!)

I'm stressed out as I have limited income and extremely high outgoings. The original loan amount was £352 and I'm considering once that has been cleared stopping payments but I don't want them making doorstep calls (as I've heard they will do) to my parents house.

Please help someone!!!!

Hello and Welcome Amr9050.

I have started a new thread for you in the Toothfairy Forum, have a look at other threads in this Forum and you'll find the best way to deal with your situation, hopefully someone will be along shortly to give you some help.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Ignore TF's threats and unfair charges. They are well known to everyone here.

Work on a basis of paying back the original loan, original interest and a default fee, minus what you have already paid. Send them an email or letter ( the latter by Recorded delivery and make sure you track it) every week. They will not reply, or they will treat you like an idiot. Meanwhile, keep the payments you propose in your bank, so if they do agree, or they pass it on to a DCA or a court ( the latter is extremely rare with this outfit), you will be able to pay them a decent lump sum when they agree.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D