I received a PCN, but it was not me!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4156 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a parking charge notice which states i was parked in an unauthorised area. It is my vehicle reg but i have never visited this city, so it cannot be me. Should i respond and if so how? appeal or ask for photos? I am worried that my car reg is being used by another vehicle!!

Just send them a letter something along the lines:

I acknowledge receipt of your letter. It seems that you have acquired my details from the DVLA and I confirm I am the keeper of the vehicle in question.

However, at no time have I ever visited XXXX and therefore it is impossible for my vehicle to have parked at XXXX.

Therefore I absolutely deny your claim, that the amount claimed, or any amount at all, is due to you from me.

and then ignore any further letters.

It was issued by a company call Vinci Park services UK ltd

Then you can safely ignore it and any further communication from them,their solicitors etc. etc. etc.

It is not enforceable by law and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

It is a speculative invoice which is designed to frighten you into paying a sum of money to which they have no claim whatsoever.

Thanks for this response, i think i will take your advise as i am not comfortable with just ignoring. In my experience these things don't just go away, even though it would be nice if they did!!1

If you feel you absolutely must do something, write the letter as outlined in post #3 and end it with the the line that "No further correspondence will be entered into".

I think if you look around the private parking forums you will find plenty of examples where the PPC has crawled back under the rock when ignored.

It was issued by a company call Vinci Park services UK ltd

If this was in Bournemouth then be a little wary. Vinci have done court there successfully. (it will be papers issued at Northampton where bulk handling is done). If not Bournemouth, then you are Ok.

If you can prove your car was elsewhere then you have no problems. But Vinci do do court.

If this was in Bournemouth then be a little wary. Vinci have done court there successfully. (it will be papers issued at Northampton where bulk handling is done). If not Bournemouth, then you are Ok.

If you can prove your car was elsewhere then you have no problems. But Vinci do do court.

Can you post a link to this court action. It will be interesting to see on what grounds they won their case.

Only if there is no defence. I challenged them on behalf of my elderly father who had accidentally parked in a disabled bay as you coudl hardly see the markings. Never heard from them again.