Statutory Holiday

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4161 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Just looking for some advice on something.

I have been in my job for 6 years 37.5 hrs per week, for the first 5 years my holiday starting on the 1st April and ended the 31st March ( 12 months) my entitlement is 25 days & bank hols. - all pretty standard so far.

This year they have changed the holiday year to start on 1st Jan 2013 and run to 31st Dec 2013, this is where my question begins:

In order for them to do this in 2011 my holiday ran from 31st March 2011 to 1st April 2012 25 days entitlement (12 months)

Then on the 1st April 2012 to 31st Dec 2012 I got 18.5 days pro-rata entitlement ( 9 months)

Then on the 1st Jan 2013 to Dec 31st 2013 I got 25 days entitlement (12 months)

My issue is with the allocation from April 1st 2012 to Dec 31st 2012 (9 months) as full time employee is it not my right to be entitled to 25 days holiday per year (12 months)? I can't quite get my head around it but in some way I am sure I am losing out here.

Any advice is welcome

Thanks

Edited by phil24b

My beef is that I took 21.5 days hol in the period from April 1st 2012 to Dec 31st 2012 - 3 days more than my entitlement, so they have now deducted them from me for this years entitlement. as i "owed them" by argument was that it's unfair because as a full time employee I should get 25 days per year or 12 months, not 18.5 per 9 months. it's their prob for letting me take them it should have been refused.