Parking Eye - Ignore rules

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been reading all of the threads on this forum and a few others for a few hours now, so I have a general picture of what is going on (i.e. low chance of getting to court, they need to prove the illegal parking damaged > business etc.).

However, I see that all the "IGNORE" words on this forum have a link on them, and when I hover I get a message telling me to actually write to the CPP (see below). Any ideas of why this change in attitude? Should we start replying as the message indicates?

If you are considering ignoring a letter from a private parking company demanding money for some alleged parking incident - you should understand that this may not be the best course of action.

The best thing to do will be to reply with a brief letter denying that any money is owed at all. Ask the PPC if they have authority from their client to bring any legal action against you and are they entitled to bring a legal action in their own name.

Finally tell them that depending on their answers, you may be willing to consider their demand but you require a breakdown of the figure they are demanding and an explanation as to how the sum claimed represents their administrative costs.

If you reply to the PPC in this way, they will then understand that you are up for a fight, that you know your rights and that there will be no chance of an easy default victory if they decide to take you to court.

Write only once and then do not respond to any other demand unless they reply to you in full.

We think that this is better than merely ignoring them

PS: I suspect some CPP bought advertising on the site for the word "ignore" ?

its ours we caertainly do NOT allow outside 'buying'

there was a time ehen it was an 'idea'

then it wasn't

then it was again.

take your pick!!

one letter ONLY though if you wish

atthe end of the day

it makes no odds

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Personally when I got a couple of these so called fines I ignored them and they gave up. There is a school of thought that by writing this one letter, if the parking company are stupid enough to try taking you to court, you can show that you have been more than reasonable by asking for evidence that you owe anything. It might stop them sending you any more.

You have options but it's your choice what you want to do - if anything!

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

It's misleading when it mentions "administrative costs.". The law states that the only thing that can be claimed is the loss suffered by the landowner plus the small cost of recovering that loss. What can't be claimed is the day-to-day running costs and expenses of the parking company. These would have to be found by the parking company even if they do not issue any parking tickets at all. Anyway the law states the loss must be suffered by the landowner , not by the parking company.

Thank you for the advice! I decided to keep a low profile as my parking ticket involves overstaying for 40 minutes at the local shopping center (3h max stay). I understand that PPC rarely go to court, and I have the impression they will try to go after cases they have a chance to win (like that poor fellow who got 7 tickets x 70 pounds each in a week).

• 3 weeks later...
I have been reading all of the threads on this forum and a few others for a few hours now, so I have a general picture of what is going on (i.e. low chance of getting to court, they need to prove the illegal parking damaged > business etc.).

However, I see that all the "IGNORE" words on this forum have a link on them, and when I hover I get a message telling me to actually write to the CPP (see below). Any ideas of why this change in attitude? Should we start replying as the message indicates?

If you are considering ignoring a letter from a private parking company demanding money for some alleged parking incident - you should understand that this may not be the best course of action.

The best thing to do will be to reply with a brief letter denying that any money is owed at all. Ask the PPC if they have authority from their client to bring any legal action against you and are they entitled to bring a legal action in their own name.

Finally tell them that depending on their answers, you may be willing to consider their demand but you require a breakdown of the figure they are demanding and an explanation as to how the sum claimed represents their administrative costs.

If you reply to the PPC in this way, they will then understand that you are up for a fight, that you know your rights and that there will be no chance of an easy default victory if they decide to take you to court.

Write only once and then do not respond to any other demand unless they reply to you in full.

We think that this is better than merely ignoring them

PS: I suspect some CPP bought advertising on the site for the word "ignore" ?

Best course of action I found was to contact DVLA for details of when they asked for my own details from them. Rules are that they MUST do this IMMEDIATELY according to the statute book. In my case 16 days after the event is not what I call immediate by any stretch of the imagination. Looking forward to a day in Court if they ever get that far. DVLA are very helpful but it takes about a month for a reply but once armed with this knowledge I am happy to go to ANY court they choose but I doubt they will do it but gives me peace of mind.