Please help I need a business bank account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4050 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all

I need a sole trader business bank account.

I don't want cash plus, I really need a high street one.

I currently have a personal bank account with secure trust bank.

I was on the electoral roll released on the 3rd of December 2012 (it comes out later in London)

I am in the process of applying for vanquis and capital one cards (the ones that are easy to get) so I can build up the zeros in my files.

I don't have a passport or driving licence, no government issued ID at all.

I've been looking online at these bank accounts (Lloyds maybe) where they verify your ID electronically.

So whats the best thing to do?

Has anyone been in my shoes?

I have no bad credit, but currently no credit history.

Should I try and apply for a bank account now, or should I wait 6 months, put 2 credit cards near their limit each month, then pay them, then do the same thing over and over to show in my credit file I have income and pay my bills?

I have already ruled out Natwest because the want passport number/driving licence number I think.

Does anyone know if I get a personal bank account with a bank, then apply for a business bank account is that a good idea?

The problem is that the basic bank accounts all rely on you going to the bank in person with ID which is a none starter for me (I think), so my only option is to try and qualify for a "status" bank account by applying online.

I don't have a bt line, but I have a landline phone number that diverts to my mobile that I got online.

I don't really need a cheque book.

I need online banking, debit card and the ability to do direct debits and uk/international wire transfers online.

I've done a lot of reading online but I really need to know from people that have applied, and if they have been accepted or not.

I can't use my Secure trust bank account for business because its against the T&C and my account might get closed. Also I need to have a trading name to have credibility.

Please help!

• 3 months later...

I'm so new in CAG, also this is my first post as well.

I have wondering that All UK bank do not allow to open the account for money transfer business anymore?

I have operated this business since 2009, But I have a plan for company new project then I go for a new bank.

Over 5 Bank has been reject me suddenly when they know of my nature of business. Does anyone know what Bank are welcome for this case?

I believe that FSA and HMRC won't issued the licence for money remittance. if they not allow bank to support then.

Please advise.

Bee