Can I leave the UK whilst in an IVA? Please help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4153 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone :-)

I need urgent advice. i am currently 2 years into an IVA and have been offered the opportunity of a working holiday in Australia. My boyfriend is emigrating and has been offered a job and a house and has asked me to go with him on a temporary basis to see how I like it. As I am under 30 I am eligible for a working holiday visa but how will this affect my IVA? I can continue to make my monthly payments as i have managed (by selling everything I own) to get some savings together. I am terrified that they will terminate my IVA and I will be left to sort out my debitors myself? :-( I have trawled my agreement and the internet but can find no definitive answer.

Thank you

There is nothing to stop you going abroad, in fact you are not even legally obliged to tell your creditors you're leaving or where you are going.

If you stop paying the IVA then it fails and things will then return to as they were before you entered into the 'Voluntary Arrangement'

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

There is nothing to stop you going abroad, in fact you are not even legally obliged to tell your creditors you're leaving or where you are going.

If you stop paying the IVA then it fails and things will then return to as they were before you entered into the 'Voluntary Arrangement'

Ok thanks for advice. I will definitely let them know as I wish to continue with arrangement I know they aren't for everyone but my IVA has worked well for me. Phew what a relief!