Medical Certificates Submissions (ESA)

klantee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4181 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

After winning my First Tear Tribunal Court Case for Social Entitlement last October, i am unsure whether i have to still submit my regular Medical Certificates. The Decision Notice received from the Judge does not state anything about 'not having to still submit my certificates', but my Decision Notice does state that the DWP should not assess me for two years. Does this still mean that i will have to submit my medical certificates for the Two Year period i won...?

Cheers,

Klantee

Theoretically, no, you do not any longer need to send in medical certificates. But be warned, that it can take some time for the DWP to update their computer systems with the new details.

In my own circumstances, this took 9wks. Until this information was put on the system, I still needed to send in my medical certs as the computer automatically went by the old info held on it, and my payments were stopped when certificate ran out, even though I'd won my appeal.

I would recommend from my own experience, that you continue to send them in until they have update your information on computer. If you don't, and your certificate is due to run out, you may find like me, that come pay day, computer says no.

If you've been put into a group and therefore found unfit for work, there's no requirement for you to send in any more medical certificates.

It was deemed that regulation 29 of the ESA Regulations 2008 is to be applied, and no Schedule 3 descriptor applied. This meant that i was entitled to ESA with the "Work related activity component applied".

With this said, when i attended my jobcentre interview after the courts outcome, i was told they would not need to see me for the duration which the court deemed i was not to be assessed for!

Does this then mean i do not need to submit any more Medical Certificates for this period..?

Cheers,

Klantee

Theoretically, no, you do not any longer need to send in medical certificates. But be warned, that it can take some time for the DWP to update their computer systems with the new details.

In my own circumstances, this took 9wks. Until this information was put on the system, I still needed to send in my medical certs as the computer automatically went by the old info held on it, and my payments were stopped when certificate ran out, even though I'd won my appeal.

I would recommend from my own experience, that you continue to send them in until they have update your information on computer. If you don't, and your certificate is due to run out, you may find like me, that come pay day, computer says no.

I've worked as an ESA processor and second this advice. It only takes a few minutes to make the change on the computer, but the instruction to do so has to come from the Appeals team, and it can be a good few weeks between the claimant receiving a result from the Tribunal and the appropriate paperwork landing on a processor's desk.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I've worked as an ESA processor and second this advice. It only takes a few minutes to make the change on the computer, but the instruction to do so has to come from the Appeals team, and it can be a good few weeks between the claimant receiving a result from the Tribunal and the appropriate paperwork landing on a processor's desk.

Thanks for reinforcing the advice i received earlier. I will certainly do this. Cheers, Klantee