El Be
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4087 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, I am very new to this site so apologies if I do things slightly incorrect .... please advise if I do and I will do my best to correct myself ...

I have been going around in circles with Welcome Finance and the FCSC for the past 18 months trying to reclaim PPI.

My husband and I took out a loan for £10,000 in October 2008 for 96 months (if that helps) with an added PPI amount £2311.65. The PPI was calculated into my loan and I have been paying it on top of my loan since it was taken out.

There was also a Broker Fee and an Acceptance Fee on top; all of which is outlined in my full statement.

I made my first contact with the FSCS to claim, however the response I keep receiving is that we were providing insufficient evidence to take the claim any further because we are unable to provide full documentation of the loan (the reason is explained further down)

I contacted Welcome Finance who explained the PPI was issued by a Broker - 21st Century Finance; who I have been unable to contact to discuss the situation. Welcome deny any involvement with the PPI.

This poses my first question; does anyone know how I can contact 21st Century Finance? My understanding is that 21st Century Finance are no longer trading, and if they are they are not responding to correspondance.....

I have since been advised that GE Money were also involved in my original loan - so now I am really confused.

Looking at other Forum Threads; my understanding is, 21st Century were the Broker whilst GE were the Finance provider. Am I correct in assuming this? If so where do Welcome Finance come into play?

Unfortunately we had a fire at home and lost a lot of paperwork because of this so we are unable to find the full Loan / PPI terms and conditions agreement - we have some outlining the amounts etc.

So, this brings me to my second question;

Who do we contact to get the original documentation we require to make a fully informed application for PPI refund?

This is so confusing, I would appreciate any help you can give me to move forward with this.

Many thanks

• 2 months later...

Your first step would be to send a Subject Access Request (SAR) to Welcome to get all of the data they hold on you. There is a template for SAR in the CAG library, the link to which is at the top of every CAG page in green.

The cost is £10 and they will have 40 days to comply.

Make sure you add a line to the letter that says it is to include copies of all and any agreements you have had with them.

It would be best to send it recorded or at the very least some trackable method so that you know when they receive it.

I can't really understand why GE would be involved but maybe the SAR results will give some clues.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS