Faulty Sky digital 1TB box!

Surfer01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4168 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have been Sky customers since 2010 and received a Sky box as part of the contract. In May 2012 we decided to upgrade to a 1TB Sky digital box. We paid for this as a one off and nor connected into any contract.

A couple of months ago we started experiencing a green screen and phoned in about it. We went through a planner rebuild, but the fault came back after a week or so, however now we have sound dropping out and the picture freezing occasionally. It happens about once a night and only seems to happen on recorded programs.

Sky have agreed a fix, but on questioning them they will be replacing our box with refurbished box. As we bought our box outright, we do not want a refurbishment box preferring either a fix or a new replacement box.

Under SOGA, can we demand the fix or if they cannot fix our box, a brand new replacement box? Thanks.

Do not quote me but I think sky only need to provide a 'new' box if requested within 90 days of installation. Although sky do provide refurbished boxes during service calls this isn't always the case especially with 1TB and 2TB boxes.

When you say outright did you pay £164 as this is still discounted. Full price for a 1tb is £299

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Also I would not be so sure with your faults it would be the box sounds more faulty hdmi connection. Have

you tried another hd cable or other hdmi connection on tv?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Do not quote me but I think sky only need to provide a 'new' box if requested within 90 days of installation. Although sky do provide refurbished boxes during service calls this isn't always the case especially with 1TB and 2TB boxes.

When you say outright did you pay £164 as this is still discounted. Full price for a 1tb is £299

We paid the discounted price of £164. We are not keen on it being swapped for what is basically a second hand box that has been repaired. Probably acceptable if you were under contract etc but not when you buy it outright. The HDMI cable was replaced with a brand new one. Fault shows up on other TVs in the house. Not sure if HDMI cable would cause any of the faults which only show up on recordings and not live transmissions.