Variable Speed Limit jct 25-28 of M1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4176 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Was just wondering if anyone has been caught by these or knows of anyone that has?

Went through them today a little faster than perhaps I should as the road was clear (50-55 when it was showing at 40). I was braking when I hit the markers on the road surface.

Cheers

Twitter - @memgrubb

--

If my post helped - please click the star icon below.

I got flashed by one once on the south side of the M25 and was going hell for leather, nothing came of it... Limit was 40, I was doing 80+, so was probably out of film. I digress...

These things are supposedly set considerably higher than most Fixed Site Cameras. This is to compensate for people just coming onto the M-Way and so on, not seeing the signs. I'd say if you braked, doing 55 on a speedo (Which is probably nearer 49-52mph) you should have come within the safe zone.

Remember, not all the gantrys have them, some have the lines, some don't and some without cameras have lines too.

Hi,

Was just wondering if anyone has been caught by these or knows of anyone that has?

Went through them today a little faster than perhaps I should as the road was clear (50-55 when it was showing at 40). I was braking when I hit the markers on the road surface.

Cheers