style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6202 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Flippin 'eck Sey, and you've been here HOW long?!

They are a method of showing if people like what you post. If you want to give them away, click the Awesome Scales of Justice at the top right of a post. As you get more of them yourself, your Power to affect other people's rating increases. You'll see that I have a veritable PLETHORA of green blobs... that means I'm utterly fantastic. Less green blobs either means "very new and not many posts" or "Gosh I have a lot of posts but not many people like what I've said" or even "Nobody seems to use the scales any more :( "

A red blob means the Mods have taken away from your reputation, because you gave bad advice, or made a twit of yourself at the expense of other users. Two red blobs mean "ignore this person he gives dangerous, misleading or just downright BAD advice on a regular basis". I don't think someone would make it to three blobs without being banned to be honest...

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Thanks, I do add to other people's from time to time but never really took a lot of notice of them personally and wasn't too sure what their purpose was.

I only mouth my opinion, please look elsewhere for sensible advice! :)

Click "User CP" and it shows you the last 4 reputation points you received... if the person giving had some "Rep giving power" they show a green blob next to their comment. If they have NO rep-giving power, they do not affect your rep score, and they show a GREY blob next to their rep comment.

• 3 weeks later...

I too didnt know what these blobs were for, lol. Thanks for the explanation. So if for example I gave you Stone a tilt on the scapes am I right on thinking it would make no differance to you as your higher than me ? I got a few people giving rep points that are gray, so this is becasue they got no power to give right ? . weird if you ask me lol.

No, you gain rep-giving power in your own right; so for instance if you have a rep giving power of 10, every time you click someone's scales they get 10 points, regardless of their current score. It just takes a while to get any points, that's all :)

Click "User CP" and it shows you the last 4 reputation points you received... if the person giving had some "Rep giving power" they show a green blob next to their comment. If they have NO rep-giving power, they do not affect your rep score, and they show a GREY blob next to their rep comment.

I clicked on user cp and couldn't see the last 4 points - am I being a bitthick or something?

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

I clicked on user cp and couldn't see the last 4 points - am I being a bitthick or something?

Scroll down - below your subscribed threads.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

christmasrallycag_468x60.gif

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Two comments don't represent two blobs.

Each comment will have a number of 'points' associated with it depending on who gave you the rep.

You get an extra blob each time you reach a certain number of points.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Two comments don't represent two blobs.

Each comment will have a number of 'points' associated with it depending on who gave you the rep.

You get an extra blob each time you reach a certain number of points.

Right I think I understand - this is harder to grasp than OU degree!

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Hey, I've got 2 grey blobs and 1 reputation point. Whoohoo!

Did you know that the Euro Millions jackpot has rolled over again. Next week it may reach

£100,000,000!!! ;-)

If my syndicate wins, we will all be millionaires. We only need to match 5 numbers as all Lucky Star numbers are covered.:grin:

Hey, maybe this tip will get me another grey blob or even another point.

• Haha 1

Don't let the fatherless chillen get ya! :grin:

Barclays - settled in full £4799.38 ;)

Guest HUSBANDKHAN

The doctor says it is not unusual for this sort of thing to happen with the type of work i am doing. He was surprised it didnt go septic.