Can I act?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4190 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I'd like some advice if anybody has been in a similar situation?

My brother in law has recently been diagnosed with depression, although it is apparent to us that he has been suffering with the condition for a number of years and he has finally got to the point where he can no longer cope with his financial situation and has asked me for my help.

He currently has an overdraft and a credit card debt from the same bank exceeding £10k in total. Both of these have been run up in the last few years, partly as a consequence of the depression and also, in my opinion, partly to blame for the depression.

I am going to help deal with this but am stuck as to where to start. I have a sort of action plan that I would like to write to his bank, on his behalf and offer to settle both debts by monthly payments providing they are willing to freeze the interest due on the accounts. It is my belief that the bank has acted irresponsibly in letting the borrowing get to this level in such a short period of time, however, I don't really want to go down that particular road unless the bank does not want to help.

Does anybody know of any template letters that could be used to gain permission for a third party to deal with the account? Is there any sort of precedent I can research in regard to the irresponsible lending in such a case as this?

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for your kind help.

Edited by Prime99
spelling correction

You don't need a template a simple note of authority to act is all thats needed'eg

I Mr.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx authorise Mr. xxxxxxxxxx to act on my behalf regarding all my accouunts with xxxxxxx bank.

Signed Mr. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx dated xx xx xxxx

Witnessed byxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx dated xx xx xxxx.

The irresponsible lending approach is unlikely to succeedd imo, if the bank is unaware of his condition, and they should now be made aware.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: