Goodwill?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6664 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently been ill and unable to sort out my account, resulting in 3 cheques taking me over my limit. I did as suggested on this site and wrote to explain the situation, and said that because of my illness I had lower income and these charges would cause undue hardship. I got a call saying they were prepared to waiver one charge as goodwill but the other £39 and £28 unauthorised overdraft fee still stand. I think these amounts are extortionate as the last cheque only took me over £30 until the following morning, and would love to take the same stand as the others on the site. The problem I have is that I have my mortgage and car loan with the Halifax and just wondered if you know if I took court action it would affect these? Thank you.

If you found this post helpful please click on the scales, top right. Thank you.

If you find this site helpful and if you reclaim your charges please donate by clicking the button at the top of the page

First Direct 1 - settled

First Direct 2 - settled

RBS 1 - claim made 8/5/6

RBS 2 - claim made 8/5/6

GE Capital - counter claim 6/5/6

Halifax - settled 31/5/6

How much worse can this get?

I find it difficult to stomach the fact that all three items are so related, yet they won't view the position this way.

I wouldn't worry about having other products with the Halifax. I have several accounts with the Halifax, and I still intend to pursue them. As far as I can see they are completely un-related. If you go to court, and they took an adverse view of your other commitments, i'm sure the court would take a pretty dim view of their activity outside the court case which has no relevence to other commitments you have. Don't worry, just do what you feel is right. You have rights, and the law in your favour - never forget this.

I don't expect that it could effect these at all. They are most likely to be contracted loans for a fixed period and are not determinable at the discretion of the bank as are the accounts.

I think that it is quite insulting that the bank offers its customers goodwill. They don't seem to understand that it is they, the banks who need the goodwill of the customer.

Make the claim.

• 13 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/05/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

If you found this post helpful please click on the scales, top right. Thank you.

If you find this site helpful and if you reclaim your charges please donate by clicking the button at the top of the page

First Direct 1 - settled

First Direct 2 - settled

RBS 1 - claim made 8/5/6

RBS 2 - claim made 8/5/6

GE Capital - counter claim 6/5/6

Halifax - settled 31/5/6

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6664 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks