Can you please help. Dishonoured cheque, lost by Barclays

cus42
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4208 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In September a cheque payable to me drawn on Santander, was paid into Barclays, some days later the cheque Barclays wrote the cheque was dishonoured by non-payment, Barclays have not however forwarded the document and now in December have given the lam explanation that it had been sent to Santander. Of course that is course correct, it was sent via clearing, but when (for whatever reason payment was not made) it should have been returned to the clearing bank and so to me, the customer.

Under normal conditions on suing on a Bill of Exchange, one would exhibit the document to the application for Summary Judgment, its therefore critical to have.

How can I get a conditions of the procedure banks use when the paying bank dishonours payment of a cheque, what should happen to the original, and if the Bank has lost it, can I sue for damages, in addition to losing the cheque they have not dealt with the query within the 8 weeks mentioned in BCOBS, and in fact have given a evasive explanation. Gertrude

You can either go to the FOS - up to two years or you can pursue the matter in the courts which will be much quicker and more satisfactory.

Clearly you have already written to them. Have you laid out the entire story and told them what it is you want from them?

How have they responded?

What is the value of the cheque?

Do you know that Santander have returned the cheque to Barlcays?