Appealing IRCAS and/or TFL

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4196 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I was asked to produce my ticket whilst just standing and waiting in a tube station. I was a bit surprised as I've never been asked in this sort of scenario before. When I started looking through my bag I couldn't find my ticket. I later found it and appealed with a scan of the ticket.

Here is my letter I sent to IRCAS. They have turned down the appeal. Can you offer any advice please.

Hello

I was waiting with my mother at Shepherds Bush while we were trying to decide whether we would both to go Westfield or she would go alone and I would join her later.

We were standing for a few minutes discussing when a member of staff came up to me and asked if I had a ticket. I said I did and started going through my bag to get my ticket.

I looked through my bag for a few minutes and then my coat and explained that it was in there somewhere but I was having trouble finding it in amongst all the things that were in my bag.

The member of staff did not even give me a few minutes to look through properly but started writing a penalty fare notice.

I knew I had it in there unless it had fallen out and so went back to see if I could find it.

I later found it at the bottom of my bag as I had not put it back into my usual ticket wallet.

By that point, I was in Westfield shopping centre and when I went back, I could not see the member of staff to get the penalty fare notice cancelled.

I am therefore appealing my fine and can provide, if required, a scan of my ticket.