Interesting Article on Welfare Reform

Lady Lou
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4200 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

it is an interesting read, but still leaves me with the same conclusions..that cameron and co absolutely hate the poorest in society....they have a right wing agenda of completely doing away with the welfare state, the nhs, and leaving us the public to pay for ourselves for everything, despite many of us paying in NI for many years, i for instance have now paid in for 39 years yet am denied esa after 1 year....the whole thing is morally wrong and until people are actually put into the position where they have to claim benefit, they are ignorant of what is actually happening and to all intents and purposes dont care...until it affects THEM

they are ignorant of what is actually happening and to all intents and purposes dont care...until it affects THEM

Agreed - and the more we can do to spread the word, the more the hope.....

More reading:

http://www.pcs.org.uk/en/news_and_events/pcs_comment/index.cfm/id/7166D16D-1113-478C-99F756A52BDCD8C8

I think all the politiciaians are actually culpable for what has gone on, continues to go on and will not be reveresed after the next election irrespective of who gets in to No 10.

Part of the problem I think is down to the horrendous overspending of the last Govt, this country has been taken to the brink of bankruptcy, it isn't the first time and it will not be the last. A big part of the problem is of our own creation, people are living 20 years longer than they used to, nobody thought of this until it was too late. No provision was ever made to pay the bills that have been created through better standards of living advancements of medicine etc.

This country is spending more than ever before and considerably more than it brings in, the end result has to be getting further and further into debt. One day there is a wake up call and the Govt realises it has to do something, has to cut back somewhere to balance the books, trouble is it hasn't got a clue where to do it. So they start with those who are the least able to fight back, coupled with that they get the working class to divide itself in two, so we get the working class and the non working class, who get labelled scroungers, layabouts, and fiddlers. that in turn allows the Govt to declare war on benefits, justified because they are taking money out of the working classes pockets.

Everyone eventually turns on the Govt of the day and come the next election turfs them out and puts the other lot in again. The great problem here is, the other lot all along have been very careful not to say they will stop any of the other lots cuts. Why? Simple really, they know they won't be able to do it. As much as they like to slag the current Govt off, once they get elected they will say they can't do anything other than continue with what was happening because there isn't any money to do it with. So the cuts carry on, blamed on the previous Govt who in turn blamed the ones before them.

I am afraid that this is how it works as I see it, it has worked like this in the past and will continue to work like it in the future. You see this happening all the time now, Ed having a go at Cameron for his front bench of millionaires, while at the same time his front bench is no better. We don't agree with all these cuts, it's not right what they are doing taking money from the working class while giving millionaires a tax cut. We hear it all every week but what we don't here is, if we get in we will reverse this and that because they know they can't, the money isn't there to let them.

I just think that 99% of them are rotten to the core, they look after themselves first, second and third, if there is anyhting left, it spreads between the rest of us. You do not see any of them, ever suffering as a result of their actions, even the ones who went to prison over fiddling. They come out and by and large still live a comfortable easy life with no real money worries. How many of them have worries over where the next meal comes from? How will they clothe their kids? Where are the kids Xmas presents coming from? It just does not happen in their world.

What is the answer? who knows? We all have our ideas but one thing is for sure, it is them the MP's that will decide and not us and they will make sure of that.

A brilliant article, I have to say though, sort of makes you realise how bad things are getting.

:)IF YOU ARE BORED WITH LITTLE TO DO:)

My Story - Simon -V- The (SH)Abbey - :!:WON / 19 November 2007:!:

SKY TV and the penalty charge - how far will it go?

Me V Its4me and Close Premium Finance:!:WON / 28 November 2007:!:

IF I CAN HELP, I WILL, IF I DO, THEN PLEASE CLICK ON THE SCALES ON THE LEFT

the answer is to get rid of the lot of them......we need a sea change in this country rather than the corrupt system we have at the moment..personally there isnt one of them from any party currently in parliament that i would happily give my vote to...they have got us into this mess and have absolutely no idea of how to get us out of it...we need as a people proper representation for the people by the people not these career politicians, who think nothing of taking the money and doing absolute bu**er all for it...

the answer is to get rid of the lot of them......we need a sea change in this country rather than the corrupt system we have at the moment..personally there isnt one of them from any party currently in parliament that i would happily give my vote to...they have got us into this mess and have absolutely no idea of how to get us out of it...we need as a people proper representation for the people by the people not these career politicians, who think nothing of taking the money and doing absolute bu**er all for it...

The whole system needs to change:

We need PR so that everyone's vote counts, no more 'safe seats'.

Mandatory 2000 hours community work with underprivileged groups in order to qualify to become an MP.

Get rid of the whip system - if they're representing us, then they should be able to vote on behalf of what the people want (not the party).

Second chamber on a 'jury style' system, where real people get called up to sit for a term (salaried) in the second chamber. With real powers of veto.

Legally binding detailed manifestos on all areas, requiring a referendum to change direction in any area.

Just what I think would be a start towards real democracy.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

i think a large proportion of the population are now absolutely fed up of politicians of any ilk....but it is the system we have...even when the vote for the so called police commissioners was only at best 15% they still claimed they had a 'mandate'. when it was painfully obvious these idiots were not wanted or needed, they even blamed the weather and the fact it gets dark early!! the only thing they didnt mention was nobody actually wanted this change!!....

even if none of us voted at next GE and just one person put a cross on the paper they would say 'we have a mandate' as to pr they really dont want anything to do with this, the usual rubbish chanted out by them is 'oh it would create unstable govt, in coalitions all the time' well the condems managed it ok after the last GE, even if they are making a right pigs ear of the running of this country