From 3/12/12, ESA WRAG claimants can be mandated to the Work Programme...

rainbo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i think this is just the beginning, once the numbers of esa wrag has been cut to levels that they deem to be more acceptable, i honestly believe they will then start on the support group...all done in the question of fairness and opportunities...you only have to read between the lines and listen to the speeches made by this right wing govt...'no-one should be left to rot for years on benefits' !!! even a paraplegic can work!!...of course there are people who can and never will be able to hold down a job, but this lot just do not see it that way...i fear for the future, anyone getting long term illnesses or born with disabilities face a harrowing future in this country

The thing is ESA WRAG is not really ESA.

Its JSA now but with more money and less severe sanctions.

I got 2 letters today.

One asking me to attend an interview a few days before christmas in a pedestranised area.

The 2nd confirming I am going to appeal for SG even tho I met 2 SG descriptors and ATOS stated I have limited capability of work related activity.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all reading this with intrest and alarm I was ex Ib and have now been ported to esa wrag (contrabution based) no childern to care for will I be forced on to the wp or is it just wrag (ir) at the moment (although I have no doubt that all esa will get hit at some point), I am also appealing the wrag as I match at least 2 discriptors for the suport group. thanks.

It looks like they are having a re-think on this, Hoban is on record as saying that ESA claimants won't go without benefits during mandatory revision, he failed to divulge exactly what benefits though. JSA?

But you won't get JSA because you're unfit for work. There have been cases of people not being able to claim ESA because they're fit for work and they can't claim JSA because they're unfit for work. Did that ever happen under IB?

But you won't get JSA because you're unfit for work. There have been cases of people not being able to claim ESA because they're fit for work and they can't claim JSA because they're unfit for work. Did that ever happen under IB?

Not to mention the cost implications of processing JSA claims while someone has their mandatory revision and the reapplication for ESA once the appeal process proper, starts. Utter madness. Then there's the delays to the claimant (time without money) while they're switched between benefits.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Not to mention the cost implications of processing JSA claims while someone has their mandatory revision and the reapplication for ESA once the appeal process proper, starts. Utter madness.

That's an excellent question. Will someone be allowed to switch back at this point once they've applied for JSA ?. And what if they've ended up in sanction period due to not being able to fulfill one of their JSA tasks? Has anyone seen the small print or the rules for this type of situation.

So IDS is unhappy that people on assessment rate, appealing etc do nothing for their benefit?

Has he forgotten these people do nothing because they ill? they fighting illness trying to get better.

He seems to think everyone priority should be working and the economy, real life doesnt work like that, sometimes events happen. so someone is ill struggling to get by everyday and all they should be thinking about is trying to get a job they cant do? madness.

Is this not relevant?

Article 23.

• (1) Everyone has the right to work, to free choice of employment, to just and favourable conditions of work and to protection against unemployment.

• (2) Everyone, without any discrimination, has the right to equal pay for equal work.

• (3) Everyone who works has the right to just and favourable remuneration ensuring for himself and his family an existence worthy of human dignity, and supplemented, if necessary, by other means of social protection.

• (4) Everyone has the right to form and to join trade unions for the protection of his interests.

Article 23 of the human rights act! this is an act which the UK is a signatory member. Cameron's workfare and enforced work for free programs are illegal and against human rights act article 23 sections 1, 2 and 3! anyone being forced into one of these schemes should take a copy of this act into their local jobcentre and point out that they are having their human rights abused and broken and wont be taking part in any forced labour! any sanctions then placed upon recipients of welfare are illegal as they are a punishment for not accepting enforced servitude, which is illegal in the first place

So from April 2013 if you have to go to appeal, you don't get paid at all? Only when the DM reconsiders? So could be months without money, and when do get it paid, is it backpay for the months waiting? Really do take the biscuit don't they

So from April 2013 if you have to go to appeal, you don't get paid at all? Only when the DM reconsiders? So could be months without money, and when do get it paid, is it backpay for the months waiting? Really do take the biscuit don't they

They'd be able to apply for JSA while waiting - but then this means jumping through JSA hoops or risk getting sanctioned.

Here is a list of the companies who have or are taking advantage of the work programs I am warning you it is long and any Xmas shopping I am going to be able to do it going to be very limited this year not only due to finances but also principal I am not going to let anyone profit from others that are vulnerable.......

http://www.boycottworkfare.org/?page_id=16

Here is a list of the companies who have or are taking advantage of the work programs I am warning you it is long and any Xmas shopping I am going to be able to do it going to be very limited this year not only due to finances but also principal I am not going to let anyone profit from others that are vulnerable.......

I think it's unfair to include charity shops on the list, as there are no profits.

They'd be able to apply for JSA while waiting - but then this means jumping through JSA hoops or risk getting sanctioned.

Think its wrong, so could spend upto 6 months with nothing? How is anyone supposed to live? Cant go on jsa if your ill? They will say your unfit? Roundabout with no money, nice!!!

Think its wrong, so could spend upto 6 months with nothing? How is anyone supposed to live? Cant go on jsa if your ill? They will say your unfit? Roundabout with no money, nice!!!

You could apply for a crisis loan, plus housing benefit if you have no money coming in. It means there are yet more hoops to jump through, but it will still be possible to get money.

What worries me most at the moment is the possibility of the mentally ill and/or handicapped being given "suitable" work placements or experience. There are going to be some very dramatic incidents if they are not extremely careful, and at this rate I may end up being a part of one of them!

There will also a significant number of claimants who just don't have either the drive or capacity to fight this bull****. The DWP will be lucky if they're not sued, and frankly I hope they are.

Yes it's an appalling situation.

Yep WRAG is the new JSA, how perverse that a claimant cannot be forced to take paid employment but can be forced to take unwaged employment, it's abuse.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

The simple solution is to boycott any company using free labour supplied through this scheme. I certainly will be.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

I'm always warey when they say 'forced to work for nothing' people aren't forced to work for nothing, they're forced to work for Job seekers allowance. As long as people aren't made to work for more hours than their JSA pays, I don't understand the problem. Putting people in places that aren't suited to their disability is wrong yes. But if people were working before?....

The simple solution is to boycott any company using free labour supplied through this scheme. I certainly will be.

Exactly ... here is a list of companies that use Work Fare.

Please do bear in mind that they are taking away possible overtime etc from those who work for them for minimum wage in most cases.

I'm always warey when they say 'forced to work for nothing' people aren't forced to work for nothing, they're forced to work for Job seekers allowance. As long as people aren't made to work for more hours than their JSA pays, I don't understand the problem. Putting people in places that aren't suited to their disability is wrong yes. But if people were working before?....

Because between companies getting free labour from this scheme, and at a massively reduced cost from all the spurious 'apprenticeship' schemes floating around, it's going to be impossible to get a job soon. If you look at the companies involved in the scheme, their total gross profits are astronomical.

If they're going to claim to be 'community minded' and help get disabled and long term unemployed people back into work, then good for them - that's great to hear. They can pay them the minimum wage like any other employer in the country would have to.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

But they are being forced to work for nothing - they're not being paid a proper wage. Many "work experience" programs are something like 30 hours a week. JSA for overs 25s is £71.

You could apply for a crisis loan, plus housing benefit if you have no money coming in. It means there are yet more hoops to jump through, but it will still be possible to get money.

What worries me most at the moment is the possibility of the mentally ill and/or handicapped being given "suitable" work placements or experience. There are going to be some very dramatic incidents if they are not extremely careful, and at this rate I may end up being a part of one of them!

There will also a significant number of claimants who just don't have either the drive or capacity to fight this bull****. The DWP will be lucky if they're not sued, and frankly I hope they are.

I can't even go out the house with my anxiety issues, so there have a job literally to make me work, I'm in constant pain and other not nice issues. Going to be a fun 2013 with all these changes, saying that, got a letter today saying from 3rd Dec must comply with the work prog or get sanction. thanks dwp :-x