Local Government Ombudsman today released a FOCUS REPORT outling concerns at increase in bailiff complaints !!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4199 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today, the Local Government Ombudsman released a very important FOCUS REPORT which outlines their concern at the increase in complaints concerning bailiffs.

The FOCUS REPORT is very detailed and many people on the forums will be able to identify the type of complaints that they have with bailiffs with the examples that are outlined in the report.

The report makes it very clear indeed that local authorities need to ensure that they take responsibility for their bailiffs’ actions and that any complaints are handled appropriately, including considering complaints themselves when necessary and not simply referring the complainants back to the bailiffs.

The link below will take you to the LGO page which outlines in brief the basis of the FOCUS REPORT and the link on the top right hand side of the page will open the full report.

http://www.lgo.org.uk/news/2012/nov/lgo-highlights-problems-bailiff-action-behalf-councils

Now having had the time to read & digest it seems to ba a damning indictment of what goes on at present. Of particular note is the comment at the top of page 7 which relates to checking vehicles with the DVLA where it says checking now takes several days - does this suggest our friends at Shercar are still banned?

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guest Challenger1

May seem like a random question, perhaps not if you are familiar with my thread here.

What is the difference between a Parliamentary Ombudsman & a Government Ombudsman please, or are they one in the same. Also, why is this directive focused on Councils and not Councils and Courts. Perhaps the answer to my first question will answer that, I'm not sure.

Sorry if the questions seem a tad naive, I'm just trying to gain clear understanding on how to differentiate between the entities mentioned.

Challenger 1 the LGO addresses issues with local govt like councils, and so bailiff and HCEO shenanigans if a council use them to collect PCN & council tax sorry 4 typos am on a train to Cardiff

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

The report is a damning indicator that the status quo is totally borked, root and branch reform with the abolition of distress as a remedy as it belongs to the days of King John and the Sheriff of Nottingham one answer.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I have not read the report yet, but will. Are you sure this is not a stalking horse to get the nasty parts of the Tribunals Act activated ?

If it is it sounds like manna from heaven, do find the time soonest.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]