paying back legal aid costs

sarahhap1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4199 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, not sure if i am posting in the right forum but need some information.

Due to claiming income support,I was receiving legal aid for a family case involving my ex getting access to our son.

I was in receipt of it for about 18 months and had quite a few letters going back and forth from my solicitor plus court hearings in that time.

before I stopped recieving legal aid I met my new partner and moved in with him. He owns his own house which i now jointly own as were got married a month after I stopped recieving the legal aid.

My question is, do I have to repay any of the legal aid I received and if so how do i go about doing this?

if I dont get in touch with anyone about it then can they ivestigate into it and see that I now own property and want it back due to that?

My ex is quite bitter about how things and I am worried that he will try and get me in trouble even though I am not sure if he'd be able to as not sure if I should be paying back the legal aid.

Any advice welcome

Thanks

Hi Sara and welcome to CAG

What happened to your previous home?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread