Welcome Finance any dealings???

falcon185
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5005 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Click on this link at the top of the page http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/ then scroll down till u get to new thread then post away

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

after some considerable time we have finally managed to throw off the shackles of Welcome finance. I went to my local office today and personally served them with A Subject Access Request, which I advised the manager she might like to forward it to head office along with my cheque for the £10 fee?

I was wondering if anyone else had had any dealings with Welcome and have taken action against them similar to mine. It would be great to get some feedback from anyone who has and what stage they are at or the conclusion of their action?

Hope to hear from you soon Bazza

Hi Falcon

Welcome Finance took over the business of Watson Finance who my wife had a loan from and immediately they added on £450 to the balance. They claimed that this fee was legal cost which had to be bore by all persons who had existing accounts with Watson's.

Some time ago I received my wife's statements from Welcome and I redrafted the account, taking out all charges including the £450 and recalculating the monthly interest and presented them with the new account.

They were showing a balance of £1,258 and the new account showed £217. After many months of letters back and forth they sent an agent out to the house. He said that Welcome would take £500 off the account if I would drop this complaint. I refused.

Eight weeks later I got the court papers back and got them served on Welcome. Four days later they telephone and told my wife that the account was cleared off.

File the papers and take them to court and they will settle immediately.

Cheers

hate to hijack this post but Im havin problems with welcome finance over secured loan on our home.... If anyone can help. my post is the one called bobbi against welcome...

Thanx and good luck to everyone else who is having problems with these creeps

I am taking Welcome to court tomorrow 30.01.09 over mis-selling PPI my PPI cost £100 more than the loan I took out!! they have failed to acknowledge all correspondance even though I have proof of receipt - FSA said they couldn't deal with it until welcome sent me a letter saying they wouldn't do anything or didn't agree with my complaint so I filed in small claims instead - fingers crossed i get them.

I am taking Welcome to court tomorrow 30.01.09 over mis-selling PPI my PPI cost £100 more than the loan I took out!! they have failed to acknowledge all correspondance even though I have proof of receipt - FSA said they couldn't deal with it until welcome sent me a letter saying they wouldn't do anything or didn't agree with my complaint so I filed in small claims instead - fingers crossed i get them.

Apparently Welcome have a habit of not appearing thereby losing by default......don't forget to ask for an order for costs

Has anyone got any info on the company understood to administer the PPI such as the firms involved or any common directors/officers/office addresses etc

& whilst I can't disclose the reason for my request (yet) any members help would be appreciated & if you want to a discreet PM would be OK

Apparently Welcome have a habit of not appearing thereby losing by default......don't forget to ask for an order for costs

Unfortunatley I filed in their home turf of Nottingham so they did indeed turn up - well a bloke ffrom their compliance department did anyway. They got the judgement put aside but only on a technicality. The judge seemed to hate them and even grilled the man saying 'Do you really expect me to believe you didn't receive the initial court papers to attend?' and 'I bet your customers recieve their demands whilst you do not seem to acknowledge any of your customers'icon10.gif

The court has also issued them 14 days to comply with my requests for information or they will recieve a court directive.

I have set up a thread andrea vs welcome finance ppi if anyone can offer any info or help regarding what i need to do in the next court hearing - i have zero legal experience so I am really flying by the seat of my pants lol

The name of the company who administrates the PPI is

Direct Group Limited

Direct House

White Rose Way

Doncaster DN4 5NU

My advice is that you should contact them to see if the policy is or has ever been in force;)......... then check with the underwriter NU. When talking to the Norwich Union don't forget to mention all the companies including 'Progressive Financial Services' which is another Welcome company

I need some help.

I got a loan with Welcome Finance about 15 months ago. I worked out my budget and took a monthly repayment that at the time I could comfortably afford but then about 5 months in my sister who lives in London (i live in scotland) was diagnosed with Cancer.

I was spending so much money travelling up and down from London that I got into trouble with the repayments and so began the constant calls and visits from Welcome. When things calmed down a little I was able to make payments to them. My payments should have been £285 per month but i could only now pay about £200 which i was originally sending them but then they set me a DD.

Anyway my original amount to repay including the insurance which i agreed to because i'm an idiot was around £6000 and I've paid them about £2000. So the other week I called and asked for an account balance.... its £7200.

I just have no idea what to do. they want me to refinance and go to their office with bank statements and payslips. I just feel that the charges are really excessive.

any advice on what to do?

Shoes - do not refinance with them it will make the problem worse. I originally loaned £1000 and refinanced another £1000 making £2000. I have been paying £200 a month for over 2 years and when I checked for a balance £4578!! even though i have already paid £4800 back. I am currently in a court case with Welcome not only about their dodgy insurance practices but I'm trying to have my entire loan wiped out as my legal advice has been the agreement shouldn't be enforceable so I'm asking for all my payments back and the loan be cancelled.

There are plenty of people that have great inside knowledge of welcome on here that will be able to help you. The first thing you need to do is write a letter of complaint to their Head Office in Nottingham - any correspondance you send them needs to be registered - however don't expect a response - they ignore these. I would advise you do a SAR - special access request it costs £10 but that will give you all the information welcome have on you etc and may help you fight a case with the FSA or court - that will also detail all the charges they have put on your account as you can bet each of the phone calls and letters they've sent to you have cost you £10 each. Welcome are a horrible company and are hopefully getting what is coming to them - i'm sure you'll get plenty of great advice on here.

Its just so awful because they keep calling and coming to my house. They have been round twice this week and call like 4 times a day. I'm at work so its my Mum thats getting it all.

Thanks for your help I'll get that complaint letter off to them asap.

Its just so awful because they keep calling and coming to my house. They have been round twice this week and call like 4 times a day. I'm at work so its my Mum thats getting it all.

Thanks for your help I'll get that complaint letter off to them asap.

Shoes - you have to get this sorted asap as each visit means they will be attending £25 to your account and £10 for every phone call.

There is a letter on here that revokes their right to come to your door and call you I will find it and post it shortly.

In the meantime have you been to the CAB or solicitor about what you can do about them? - Welcome Finance will not just stop believe me and they will not answer or acknowledge complaints from customers.

I think you need to do a SAR to get all the information they have on you and your account and then ask for a refund on your insurance etc. They will say no as they always do and then you can take them to the FSA - there are plenty of people out there doing the exact same thing.

Andie I really appreciate your help. I just feel really harrassed by them. My local CAB is open on Tuesday so I'll go and see them then.

I heard that because I live in Scotland that they are not legally allowed to come to my home anyway but I know nothing about this kinda thing and I couldn't find anything online.

My Mum told them I as going to the CAB and they told her that there was nothing that they could do. The lady that came round said they woud take me to court so i'm really freaked out.

Hi

I have used this site for sometime but this is my 1st post, so go easy on me please!

I have a car on finance with Welcome Finance, I have paid less than a third, ( only just ! )

I was made redundant and got behind, to cut a long story short, i have evedence that i have paid more than welcome say i have. They also added PPI insurance which i didnt want, and have only refunded half of the £4000 PPI insurance value that was added the the agreement total.

My solicitor has advised me that they cant take the car whilst we are in dispute. Welcome wont return any of my calls this week, and for the second time baliffs have called at my address.

I have told them about the dispute but they still want the car, its on the drive and boxed in by another car. I know if i let them take it, it will be sold for peanuts, and they will want the full amount owing ( £13K ) they will get around £2k at auction.

I would be happy to return the car if we agree on whats owed.

Last time the baliffs called the Police were called, but they said they would return.

Final question is what will happen to me if i HIDE the vehicle somewhere, until such time as Welcome have the decency to communcate with me. The solicitor is adament they cant take it whilst in despute, but that does not help as they call in the evening or at weekends.

Please help

Jenn

Jenny,

I think i'm right that unless he is a court appointed bailiff and he has a warrent he cannot do anything and I think this includes taking your car. And hey if he can't find it there what can he do? I would move it and request your payment details with Welcome under the data protection act. I am currently battling Welcome in court as they have refused to refund my PPI even after I have asked them to (they even said I couldn't cancel and get a pro-rata refund) they have so far ignored all my letters and phone calls so the court has ordered them to disclose all my information to me within 14 days otherwise he will sanction them. I would perhaps have your solicitor put something in writing and copy that to Welcome (remember to send everything to them registered post) and keep a copy to hand incase the bailiffs come knocking. You do know you can make a complaint about any threatening behaviour of a bailiff don't you?

I need some help.

I got a loan with Welcome Finance about 15 months ago. I worked out my budget and took a monthly repayment that at the time I could comfortably afford but then about 5 months in my sister who lives in London (i live in scotland) was diagnosed with Cancer.

I was spending so much money travelling up and down from London that I got into trouble with the repayments and so began the constant calls and visits from Welcome. When things calmed down a little I was able to make payments to them. My payments should have been £285 per month but i could only now pay about £200 which i was originally sending them but then they set me a DD.

Anyway my original amount to repay including the insurance which i agreed to because i'm an idiot was around £6000 and I've paid them about £2000. So the other week I called and asked for an account balance.... its £7200.

I just have no idea what to do. they want me to refinance and go to their office with bank statements and payslips. I just feel that the charges are really excessive.

any advice on what to do?

NO!!

NOT under any circumstances should you sign a new agreement. You may find that your present one is unenforceable whereas a new one won't be.

Already being in default it may be the ONLY reason your being offered a new one so they can come after you namely once you have an enforceable agreement your stuffed (well not quite but that's for another day)

It's a common trick by some lenders who have discovered to their dismay that their agreements are no better than toilet paper

Scan & post your present agree here (with all personal details removed) many members will advise you of it's validity

I don't have a copy of my current agreement at the moment but i'll do the subject access request.

I called them yesterday to tell them that I was gonna speak to CAB and the guy was so rude to me. I asked if they were happy to hold off until I got some advice and he was actually shouting at me.

He as like ofcourse we're not happy, you have signed a legally binding agreement etc.

Thing is its not that I'm not going to pay them because until I found out they had applied so many charges to my account I was paying them £200 a month. Addmittedly that £85 shy of how much I should be paying but it hardly seems fair the way they are behaving.

I don't understand the PPI thin though. I agreed to have it and I don't thing I as missold about it but it seems to be a big thing?

For the umteenth time on the forum:mad:............... DO NOT communicate with them by phone UNLESS you can record the conversation otherwise put everything in writing.

If they say something which doesn't suit them now or later they WILL lie till the cows come home............& importantly you can record their threats etc

Hi evryone, been reading this thread with great interest - got a wf loan july 2007 never received any statements of account since it opened. Went to remortgage july this year and couldn't because wf registered the loan as a secured mortgage.

what would my best route of action be to SAR them?

If i were to scan and post a copy of the agreement would somebody be able to check to see if its legally binding?

Any help greatly appreciated

Julie :)

Hi Jen,

I am no expert but as I understand it if you have repaid less than 1/3 of the amount due under the agreement then technically they are entitled to take the goods back. Although they cannot do this by means of force and cannot force you to hand over the keys (the law seems a bit contradictive here, by stating that they are entitled to the goods back but then stating they cant take them without your perimssion). I dont think you would be doing anything wrong by moving / hiding the vehicle so they cant take it. If they keep turning up ask them to get off your property as they have no right to be there withouth your permission. If they wont go call the Police (it sounds as though from your post that when the police call previously they left - confirmation that they have not legal right to be there). The Police will soon get fed up of keeping asking these muppets to move on.

If I were you I would send them a subject access request to determine the charges and balance on your account and should also show how much you have paid. This being Welcome you may well have grounds to claim against them for unfair charges etc. Until they comply with your S.A.R your account is in dispute and they should not be collecting on it.

Once you get the S.A.R you can decide how best to proceed.

Boss-Man

Edited by Boss-man

If the agreement is unenforceable then the security (car) must be surrendered to the debtor & payment's refunded re Wilson - v - County

So until the validity of the disputed agreement is sorted they cannot take the car no matter what the agreement states