need some help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4196 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i am a new user here. i don't understand forum very well but i need some help

i have some debt with my bank (i.e, from credit card and overdraft) and some loan phones.

I already left the country (U.K) .

Now my landlord in UK is calling me every day and saying that he is receiving mails and phone calls fr the payments.

He says his credit history will be affected from this and he will face problems while applying for loan or mortgage or start a new business.

He now wants my current address, so that he could give it to the creditors.

Now my questions are:

will he be effected with my deeds?

If i give him my current address( which i don't want to give), can the collectors come after me?( I m now in asia )

any help will be appreciated.

Many thanx.

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I'll move your thread to the debt collection forum and leave you a short term link here.

I'm a bit confused about why your debts would affect your landlord's credit rating. Please wait until you have some replies from the guys here before you hand over your address, I can see why you would be worried about that. :)

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I would suggest that you write directly to the banks and other companies you owe money to explaining

that you are no longer resident in the UK.

It is worth you giving them your address abroad and an email address,

asking them for the relevant form, so they can note your address abroad.

At least then you can tell your previous landlord that you have contacted the companies directly letting them know you are not in the UK.

Also it will cause the companies a problem as they should not apply for a CCJ, as you could not defend in a court.

Without a UK CCJ, they could not ask a court where you live to enforce the debt there.

That is what I suggest that you do.

Once they have your address abroad, all they can do, is to send you letters chasing for payment

and possibly ask a company local to you, to enquire about you making payments.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi,

As advised above, I would just tell your ex-landlord to send the letters back as not at this address, the debts will not effect his credit rating.

As to giving these Companies your new contact details, I would not, all they will do then is contact a local debt collection company to harrass you.

If your not planning to return to the UK to live then just forget about it and have a great life.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Thanks HB for the warm welcome.

Thank you all,

It is quite clear that the landlord is not effected in any sence.

Can i find any kind of written policies online, so that i can tell him how the case will go.

I personally feel that he just want to harass me, infact he is now effecting my social life here,

by telling everybody he knows about the issue here in asia.

After all of yours suggestions i do not want to give my address details at all.

I called the phone company to change my address but they said that the phone number

has already been reported that i am no longer in uk.

Regarding my bank address, i did posted a change of address form,

which i found in the banks website, but still the letter is going to the old adress.

If any one could giveme some idea that how i could convince him that my deeds will not effect him at all, would be of great help.

Thanx all.

I would suggest that you write directly to the banks and other companies you owe money to explaining that you are no longer resident in the UK. It is worth you giving them your address abroad and an email address, asking them for the relevant form, so they can note your address abroad. At least then you can tell your previous landlord that you have contacted the companies directly letting them know you are not in the UK. Also it will cause the companies a problem as they should not apply for a CCJ, as you could not defend in a court. Without a UK CCJ, they could not ask a court where you live to enforce the debt there.

That is what I suggest that you do. Once they have your address abroad, all they can do, is to send you letters chasing for payment and possibly ask a company local to you, to enquire about you making payments.

Thanx unclebulgaria67,

How can i contact them (post/email). Does this means that i am applying for a bankruptcy? if not, can i apply for it from abroad?

The landlord is saying that he is receiving phone calls from them now.

many thanx

Can you not change your number?

All your old LL needs telling is to put the letters addressed to you back in the post marked as" RTS Not known at this address". Something which most people would do automatically, so it beggars belief as to why he thinks he can open mail addressed to you!

Then I would just forget it, unless you plan on coming back to the UK?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The LL again send me a attatced copy of a bailiff letter asking me to clear te amout. i can't pay nothing now.

PLz help..:(

Forget your Landlord, the debt has nothing to do with him, tell your ex-landlord that if you hear from him again, you will contact the local Police here in the UK has he is breaking the law by opening post clearly not addressed to him!

Just ignore, hit the reject button on your phone or as you are abroad you can set it up to with-hold incoming calls from overseas.

Also, block your landlord on your email account.

Your stressing over nothing, they cannot do anything to you and your Landlord knows it which is why he is exerting has much pressure as possible on you hoping you will crack, just ignore them, relax and enjoy your life.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

yes, he is opening my mail and sending it to me via facebook attachments. Now he is threatening me to take help of a solicitor in uk and make a complain to the british embassy here in asia and hand the case to the police.

Can he do this?? what is the law on opening the letters in my address?? how would you all sugest me to handle the case.

i have very limited time now, as they intend to make a complain on early nest week..PLzzzz help...

What your Landlord is doing in the UK by opening mail addressed to another individual where he does not have written authority to do so is totally illegal.

As the Solicitor complaining to the British Embassy, please ignore this, it is just pathetic childish threats, a UK Solicitor that then has to specialize in foreign law costs £500 an hour plus, can't see your Landlord splashing out on that????

You need to ignore this individual and continue on with your life, please contact the Police here in England via email, your Landlord is harassing you and also breaking the law by opening your mail.

As to him handing the case to the Police, debt is not a crime and the UK Police will tell him it is a civil problem so kindly bugger off out of their police station.

Stigman

• Confused 1

NEVER telephone a DCA

Instruct your ex LL to return all the letters unopened to the senders marked GONE AWAY then ignore him.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

i have been facing social harassment everyday.

I had to pay the total amount of the court fine to his relatives here

though i have contacted the court and they have put a hold on my account(the amount was overcharged).

I am in continuous contact with the court via email now.

I paid the amount because the LL in UK is not communicating with me.

and His relatives are asking for my address here,

( its gone to extreme harassment).

Finally he has agreed to talk with me.

Now, if you can help me out with different suggestions,

How can i talk to him and convince him not to give my address

and how he will not get any further letters to his address?

What steps he need to take for everybodys good.

I will be talking to him today, Quick responses would be much appreciated.

Many thanx.

tell him where you are

tell your creditors where you are

there is NOWT they can do to you

and i suspect there is no court fines

but just some fleecing dca involved

he should NOT be opening your mail

that is against the law.

moved to the overseas forum

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

tell him where you are

tell your creditors where you are

there is NOWT they can do to you

and i suspect there is no court fines

but just some fleecing dca involved

he should NOT be opening your mail

that is against the law.

moved to the overseas forum

dx

I have an alternate address in UK too. I have given that one to the LL too.

If i give my overseas address will my LL shut his mouth for ever then?

thanx.

dunno!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Given the country you are now in there is no likelihood of you having any doorstep collectors or indeed debt collectors bothering you as there are no reciprocal agreements between the UK and there.

If your landlord is embarrassing you on facebook then ban him from your page & if no-one has your present address then tough, you are under no legal obligation to tell them what it is.

The LL sent me an email asking me now to pay the court fine by myself. He says he is planning to apply for a mortgage and if he pays that amount now, he will have to pay the other amounts too in future( e.g, contract phone bills and bank).

he says he will return the money ( which i gave to his relatives here for the court fine) as soon i pay the amount from here ( asia).

I am in continuous contact with the court via email, for the settlement of the amount (the amount they claim is more than the amount i owe).

As i said in my earlier posts the LL is not communicating with me. he is now sending me these types of sweet inboxes that he has posted back the letters mentioning RTS and requesting not to make any calls from the sim(he already had reported the network that i have left the country and the sim has already been blocked 3weeks before). Now he wants me to pay the amount by myself from asia.

I coordinated properly, but he is not communicating with me about other issues and the solutions.( which is the main issue for me).

any opinion is valuable.

thanx

i have been facing social harassment everyday.

I had to pay the total amount of the court fine to his relatives here

though i have contacted the court and they have put a hold on my account(the amount was overcharged).

I am in continuous contact with the court via email now.

I paid the amount because the ll in uk is not communicating with me.

And his relatives are asking for my address here,

( its gone to extreme harassment).

Finally he has agreed to talk with me.

Now, if you can help me out with different suggestions,

how can i talk to him and convince him not to give my address

and how he will not get any further letters to his address?

What steps he need to take for everybodys good.

I will be talking to him today, quick responses would be much appreciated.

Many thanx.

what is this court fine you have had to pay????

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: