Moorcroft Pestering My Mum

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

i have an outstanding cancellation charge with Orange, now i don't live with my mum and i haven't for the past 3 years. Tonight my mum phones my mobile saying that someone called xxx from MDR has phoned asking to speak to me my mum asked what its regarding and he wouldn't say anything i phoned my mum back and asked for his phone number so i called back to speak to someone called xxx who was a right snotty cow.

I asked how she has got hold of my mothers house number and she said maybe you've called us off it before i was like i aint that stupid love, so i demanded she took it off her record and replaced it with my own personal record

where could they have got it from ? either from a credit check years ago off Orange or when i was a PAYG when i lived with my mum

i dont know but id love to know is there a way i can get them into **** for harrasing another member of my family and can i demand proof all the information they have on me ?

Edited by honeybee13
Removing names JIC.

Nope i am not disputing i will pay the charge just in my own time not when they say, am i able to request the information they hold about me like telephone numbers, addresses because for all i know they might have my mothers details when i don't even live there and last thing they need is grief off these people

also people keep saying oh now they confirm you live there they will come round to your house, i thought they only came round if you ignored there letters etc

Hi,

If your not disputing the debt, ignore the DCA and set up a repayment plan with Orange.

If Orange are adamant that you have to contact a DCA, never set up any repayment plan with a DCA unless it is by standing order, never give a DCA your card numbers or banking details, DCA's have in the past be known to empty bank accounts, always ask for their banking details.

Also, always only communicate with a DCA in writing, never speak to them on the telephone.

If you are disputing the amount, then this will need to be made in writing to Orange, CC the DCA with a covering letter telling them you are disputing the debt.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

You should have Orange' details from when you set up a direct debit before?

Just use those same bank details again and set up your own standing order to pay what you can realistically and comfortably afford to.

If you haven't got their bank details then ask them for it, and if they refuse to give them to you and claim you have to deal with their incompetent DCA, just tell them that under no uncertain terms will you pay a third party, either orange want your money or they don't!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!